This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] sh 25 AA IP vs fishy opponent

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($17.80)
      BB ($24.34)
      UTG ($40.20)
      Hero ($26.73)
      CO ($23.63)
      BTN ($20.89)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.87, fold, fold, SB calls $0.77, fold

FLOP ($1.99) Q:spade: Q:diamond: 5:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.99) Q:spade: Q:diamond: 5:spade: T:club:

SB bets $1, Hero raises to $3, SB raises to $16.93 (AI), Hero calls $13.93

Villain looks fishy 29/11; agg freq : 48/52/0 over 123 hands - no specific reads

I don't know why I really did check back turn, prolly I thought that no card hits bad on turn and that I'm more likely to get value on turn + river than on flop + turn which is kind of stupid since he is a "non-experienced" player so the way to go is value bet 3 streets.

Anyways since I played it like that do I have any reason to not call the shove? My play looks a little strange, many possible draws, his weak lead....incline me towards calling.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

not going to fold my aces that spot.
      I would probably go all 3 streets for value or if I check back flop likely would play the same way. he can have there a lot of draws and you´re not reping anything on turn raise, so better is calling his shove with aces.

best regards,