Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($42.71)
      BB ($22)
      Hero ($25)
      CO ($39.60)
      BTN ($24.85)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:club:

Hero raises to $0.87, fold, fold, SB raises to $3, fold, Hero raises to $6.50, fold

Hero shows A:spade: A:club:

Hero wins $6.25

So this is the default in my game.

I am thinking about trapping in this scenario against guys that have a wide range of 3 betting OOP and some aggressiveness postflop, but I don't know if it is a more profitable play than 4betting, probably depending on how wide the 3betting range is? If he has so much crap and will fold a lot vs 4bets it doesn't really make sense to 4bet premium against him.

Would it be good to 4bet crappy hands purely for my fold equity and trap in position with monsters to get as much value as I can from his weak range with which he will be forced to barrel, thinking that he "has to".

Ofc, would do this until villain sees a couple of my hands, and then I would revert back to more "standard" lines.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20

call there with aces is perfectly fine. SB would likely 3-bet wider, since he doesn´t want to play oop and also force out BB, so I think he would quite often to 4-bet, which means you should call more often with all your hands and maybe only 4-bet AK and bluffs at the first times

Best regards,