I think 888 Poker just stole money from me

• KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      So a few days ago I cashed out 100USD from 888Poker and expected to received AUD$93.38.

So I'm assuming Envoy Services handle their payments which is fine enough but today I received my payment and it was only for $69.38 and to make matters worse, my account is missing an initial $8.55 it contained and the $69.38 is missing $9 of its total...

I thought after Black Friday Poker Rooms would be getting their **** in order. Guess robbing their customers is still number 1 priority.
  • 21 replies
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      did u make any other deposit with other methods ?, if so then the rest will prob be there,

say u made a deposit of $50 with moneybookers on Monday , and $50 with Visa on Tues, you play and you make a profit of $20 , and you request a cash out via wire transfer on Friday for $120 , $20 will be sent to to your wire transfer , $50 to moneybookers and $50 to Visa .

From what I understand its something like this.
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      No. I didn't make any deposits using other methods.

edit:

And that wouldn't explain money missing from my account.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      I dunno then dude, did u even try to contact 888 support ?
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Can't atm, they're closed. Shot them an email, no reply.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Alex,

Their Live Support opens at 3pm GMT so you will be able to contact them at that time, if you don't receive any news via email before then.

I have never heard of anything like this before so let's hope there an explanation from 888 and that you get the whole amount very shortly.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Poker rooms don't cover for fees. Maybe there are some bank fees you were unaware of? Try contacting them as well imo..
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Poker rooms don't cover for fees. Maybe there are some bank fees you were unaware of? Try contacting them as well imo..
      Yes, definitely. I've never used Bank Wire Transfer so this is very much a possibility too.

Thanks Manu.
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      I've never heard of a 50 Dollar bank fee for 93 dollars...

Its not btw, I've cashed out from numerous sites and my bank has not charged any fees at all.

This is straight out robbery from 888. Kind of disappointed after how well I thought they were treating me.

BTW, even if there was a fee that doesn't explain the fact that my own money is missing.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I was chatting with 888 support today because I cashed out money via wire transfer and ask about fees...The site don't take any fees... they said that only your bank can take it
    • malosanmaka
      malosanmaka
      Bronze
      I've already responded in your 2p2 topic but anyhow I'm fairly sure you had minus $8.55 before you got your cashout.

As for the processing/wire transfer fees, i've no idea about those.
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      Like malosanmaka said, your account was overdrawn by $8.55 before your cashout. This has nothing to do with 888. You received $69.38 from 888, so your balance now is 69.38 - 8.55 = $60.83

It does seem, however, that you only received $69.38 instead of $93.38. You could ask 888 what happened to those 24 Australian dollars. And your bank.

On a more general note, it really pisses me off that we are obliged to use USD in so many poker sites even though it's not even legal to play online poker in the US. I'm making an effort to play only at rooms that accept euros and you should make an effort to only choose AUD-compatible ones.
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Yeah I responded to the 8.55. That was a mistake on my part consumed with rage.

They still owe me money and it wasn't my bank that took a 24 dollar fee, thats as much as I know.

My bank also states that I only received 69.38 from them.

edit:

I contacted them and they're looking into it. They refuse to admit it was on their part but I have all the proof and reference numbers to show that I only received 69.38 from them.

I have made wire transfers before without 24 dollar fees.
    • 888Anderson
      888Anderson
      Bronze
      Hello
      Just wanted to add that since your bankroll is in $, you can also cash out in $,
      and then let your bank handle the entire transaction in terms of exchange rates.

Btw, no, we don't charge transaction fees. Hope support will help sort things out for you soon.

Run Good

Anderson
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 888Anderson
      Just wanted to add that since your bankroll is in $, you can also cash out in $,

Anderson
      True, that "Preferred cashout currency" option is often overlooked. By the way, are you planning to add support for other currencies (EUR, GBP) in the near future? I suspect most of your players are from euro countries and you seem to also have a lot from the UK.
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Well 888 are adamant that they haven't charged the 24 dollars, my bank is adamant that they haven't.

Looks like I'm just going to have to suck it up and deal with it.. I'm just going to use Neteller from now on, obviously wire transfer is too much of a problem for poker rooms and banks.

Bit sad because it was 75% of my roll at the time and now I have to grind it up to move up :(
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I'm my case the problem was in time. I have been waiting for it since 22.12.2011. Seriously so long. It was my first cashout.

As you can see 888 didn't take any fee.

But I haven't got my money in the bank account so I'm waiting for it.
      When I cashed out money from FTP via local bank I didn't pay any fees.
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BGawli
      I'm my case the problem was in time. I have been waiting for it since 22.12.2011. Seriously so long. It was my first cashout.

As you can see 888 didn't take any fee.

But I haven't got my money in the bank account so I'm waiting for it.
      When I cashed out money from FTP via local bank I didn't pay any fees.
      why are u cashing out? what site will u play with now?
    • zilltine
      zilltine
      Bronze
      Mistype by 888poker? I guess their cash-out to bank account isn`t automated and when you make cash-out they do wire transfer.
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      Don't give up. Find out what happened to your money!