HEM or PT3

• 10 replies
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Hallo!

I think you can play these SNGs with both. It would be the best, if you use the trial for both softwares. Like this you can choose yourself. Every PT player will say, this software is the best, and every HM player will say HM is the best.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there hndkirill,

From what little I know, choosing between the two seems to be a bit like deciding whether to get a playstation or an xbox, mainly personal choice. That's just my impression of it anyway and Ihaven't used PT3 at all.

Why mot download them and try them out on the free trials? :)

Best regards,

Mal.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      HM has a 30 Day Trail, PT has a 60 Day Trail.

As suggested, you're best of giving them both a go and see which you prefer after a week or so. They both do an equally good job, so you cant go wrong either way.

Do you know about Elephant ? Its a Tracking software from us here at PokerStrategy and best of all, Its Free!
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      HM has a 30 Day Trail, PT has a 60 Day Trail.

As suggested, you're best of giving them both a go and see which you prefer after a week or so. They both do an equally good job, so you cant go wrong either way.

Do you know about Elephant ? Its a Tracking software from us here at PokerStrategy and best of all, Its Free!
      This is really a good tracking software, but the elephant does not have a hud at SNGs. :(
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Silicernium
      This is really a good tracking software, but the elephant does not have a hud at SNGs. :(
      Taken from Here
      "Supported poker rooms and game formats

The PokerStrategy.com Elephant supports:
      Texas Hold'em Cash Game (Fixed Limit, No Limit and Pot Limit)
      Texas Hold'em Sit and Go (regular SnGs and SnG-MTTs)"

Perhaps you're using it in one of the non-supported Rooms?
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Taken from Here

Texas Hold'em Sit and Go (regular SnGs and SnG-MTTs)"

Perhaps you're using it in one of the non-supported Rooms?
      No, this supported means, that you can import the HHs from SNGs and SNG-MTTs. But the hud is only shown for CG.
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey Folks,

So, this statement refers only to the storage of hand history and it's supported formats, as confirmed by Silicernium :

Texas Hold'em Sit and Go (regular SnGs and SnG-MTTs)
      "

When it comes to the HUD, Elephant only supports Cash Games.

For an all-round HUD, Hold 'em Manager or PokerTracker are recommended by players everywhere

Note: To my knowledge the Development for Elephant has ceased; I saw no updates in a while in terms of new features, I don't expect an SnG HUD to be added personally as HEM2 / PT provides this.

Good luck at the tables! :f_cool:
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EuanM

Note: The Development for Elephant has ceased; it will continue to be available as it is and no further changes will be made to the software.

?( ?(

Oh, and inside the german com I am allways saying, that the HUD for SNG will come into the future. And nobody gives there this note.

Thank you for this information, I will change my informations their for the next informations.
    • hndkirill
      hndkirill
      Basic
      well then ill ask something more direct i guess,
      which one updated faster when there is bugs with the new updates and which one works with win 7 better, also which one uses less CPU?
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EuanM

Note: The Development for Elephant has ceased; it will continue to be available as it is and no further changes will be made to the software.

?( ?(

Oh, and inside the german com I am allways saying, that the HUD for SNG will come into the future. And nobody gives there this note.

Thank you for this information, I will change my informations their for the next informations.
      Reading back, after your question, my post seems very certain which is not the case, this is pure speculation on my part. I've changed to post to reflect the actual case. Sorry about any confusion.