Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $8.98
      Hero:
      $3.31

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , 9:diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, 2 folds, CO calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.35) T:heart: , 5:diamond: , 3:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.64, CO calls $0.64.

Turn: ($2.63) 7:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.63) 3:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.63
  • 6 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

A9o is not in our 3bet chart ;) A9s is. Reason for this is that with A9s, we have more playability due the flushdraws we can flop!

I would cBet $1 because with your betsizing, you allow people to call you on the Flop too often to make it profitable

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • allen82082
      allen82082
      Bronze
      Thank you Gerv,but CB 1$ is better?
      I would cBet $1 because with your betsizing, you allow people to call you on the Flop too often to make it profitable

in the article:
      When against only one opponent and on a dry board, you should bet 1/2 pot-size as a continuation bet.

On the flop the size of betting is a nodus for me,so this is a good chance to solve it! :)

e.g.:
      we have AQ in mp2,we open bet 3bb ,BU call ,else fold. we dont konw BU except bss player.
      flop: Q 6 2 dry
      So,how much bet is good? 1/2pot or 3/4pot?
      The bet is a CB or value bet?

and if flop is : A Q 6 dry
      So,how much bet is good? 1/2pot or 3/4pot?
      The bet is a CB or value bet?

The question come from MSS article:
      Continuation bet:
      When against only one opponent and on a dry board, you should bet 1/2 pot-size as a continuation bet.

Value bet:
      With a good hand that you want to extract money from, you bet around 3/4 of the pot

And the Postflop Chart
      With the (BET / FOLD) hands you make a continuation bet, but if you are raised or if the opponent bets before you, you fold your cards.
      Top pair
      With the (BET / CALL) hands you make a bet, and if the opponent raises, you call the raise. If the opponent bets before you, you simply call the bet.
      Monster for example two pairs.
    • allen82082
      allen82082
      Bronze

We hit a top pair and make a continuation bet on the flop, and the opponent calls it. On the turn our hand has lost some value and is not a top pair anymore.

A absolute dry flop,we have top pair CB 3/4 pot?

You didn't hit a pair or anything better, but on this dry board and against only one opponent the Postflop Chart advises you to make a continuation bet even with trash hands.

Since the board is dry, your bet should be approx. 1/2 of the pot,

We have nothing bet 1/2 pot?

In fact i do not like play this way,it is too obviously for my hand is not it?
      But what i can do is better? :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Well a T53r board is different than A63r. Pocket pairs are more likely to call on T53r if you bet that low ;)

You also have to take his stats & the board in consideration. Not only ''its a dry flop and I have nothing''

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • allen82082
      allen82082
      Bronze
      You also have to take his stats & the board in consideration. Not only ''its a dry flop and I have nothing''

Thanks Gerv!
      Do you mean the exmple 1 (KQs) we bet 1/2 pot because a Ace in flop,and the exmple 5 (AJo) we bet 3/4 pot because a J in flop pocket pairs are more likely to call?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Yes exactly. KQ can still call on Jxx board as they might think they have 2 overcards

Now switch Jxx board to A72r and they dont have overcards anymore ;)

- Gerv