This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 A9

• allen82082
      allen82082
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $8.98
      Hero:
      $3.31

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , 9:diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, 2 folds, CO calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.35) T:heart: , 5:diamond: , 3:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.64, CO calls $0.64.

Turn: ($2.63) 7:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.63) 3:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.63
  • 6 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

A9o is not in our 3bet chart ;) A9s is. Reason for this is that with A9s, we have more playability due the flushdraws we can flop!

I would cBet $1 because with your betsizing, you allow people to call you on the Flop too often to make it profitable

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • allen82082
      allen82082
      Bronze
      Thank you Gerv,but CB 1$ is better?
      I would cBet $1 because with your betsizing, you allow people to call you on the Flop too often to make it profitable

in the article:
      When against only one opponent and on a dry board, you should bet 1/2 pot-size as a continuation bet.

On the flop the size of betting is a nodus for me,so this is a good chance to solve it! :)

e.g.:
      we have AQ in mp2,we open bet 3bb ,BU call ,else fold. we dont konw BU except bss player.
      flop: Q 6 2 dry
      So,how much bet is good? 1/2pot or 3/4pot?
      The bet is a CB or value bet?

and if flop is : A Q 6 dry
      So,how much bet is good? 1/2pot or 3/4pot?
      The bet is a CB or value bet?

The question come from MSS article:
      Continuation bet:
      When against only one opponent and on a dry board, you should bet 1/2 pot-size as a continuation bet.

Value bet:
      With a good hand that you want to extract money from, you bet around 3/4 of the pot

And the Postflop Chart
      With the (BET / FOLD) hands you make a continuation bet, but if you are raised or if the opponent bets before you, you fold your cards.
      Top pair
      With the (BET / CALL) hands you make a bet, and if the opponent raises, you call the raise. If the opponent bets before you, you simply call the bet.
      Monster for example two pairs.
    • allen82082
      allen82082
      Bronze

We hit a top pair and make a continuation bet on the flop, and the opponent calls it. On the turn our hand has lost some value and is not a top pair anymore.

A absolute dry flop,we have top pair CB 3/4 pot?

You didn't hit a pair or anything better, but on this dry board and against only one opponent the Postflop Chart advises you to make a continuation bet even with trash hands.

Since the board is dry, your bet should be approx. 1/2 of the pot,

We have nothing bet 1/2 pot?

In fact i do not like play this way,it is too obviously for my hand is not it?
      But what i can do is better? :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Well a T53r board is different than A63r. Pocket pairs are more likely to call on T53r if you bet that low ;)

You also have to take his stats & the board in consideration. Not only ''its a dry flop and I have nothing''

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • allen82082
      allen82082
      Bronze
      You also have to take his stats & the board in consideration. Not only ''its a dry flop and I have nothing''

Thanks Gerv!
      Do you mean the exmple 1 (KQs) we bet 1/2 pot because a Ace in flop,and the exmple 5 (AJo) we bet 3/4 pot because a J in flop pocket pairs are more likely to call?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Yes exactly. KQ can still call on Jxx board as they might think they have 2 overcards

Now switch Jxx board to A72r and they dont have overcards anymore ;)

- Gerv