Question about my BankRoll

• 7 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey Phil,

I hope you don't mind, I moved your thread to the relevant board.

thanks so much
      Ingrid
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi Philiveyfan,

Although I am not an experienced PLO player I do know that 20bi's is definitely too aggressive. Generally PLO has ALOT more variance than Holdem and huge swings are super standard.

I would suggest playing PLO25 with this bankroll. If you are currently pwnign holdem and want to move to PLO and play similar stakes I would suggest playing holdem until you have $5k and then moving to PLO 50 and taking shots at PLO 100 when the games are good.

Good luck
      Patrick
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey there philiveyfan,

First off, are you a beginner that has a large Bankroll, or you've built this up?

If you are a Beginner then I'd suggest PLO25 at Max. You would still have alot to learn and would be far beneficial if you were to learn at a lower risk!
      If you're dominating PLO25, move on up :)

Best of luck at the tables!
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Hey there philiveyfan,

First off, are you a beginner that has a large Bankroll, or you've built this up?

If you are a Beginner then I'd suggest PLO25 at Max. You would still have alot to learn and would be far beneficial if you were to learn at a lower risk!
      If you're dominating PLO25, move on up :)

Best of luck at the tables!
      Lol I was playing on I poker and some how in one day I made 2000, sorry what does plo25 mean
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hi Philiveyfan,

Although I am not an experienced PLO player I do know that 20bi's is definitely too aggressive. Generally PLO has ALOT more variance than Holdem and huge swings are super standard.

I would suggest playing PLO25 with this bankroll. If you are currently pwnign holdem and want to move to PLO and play similar stakes I would suggest playing holdem until you have $5k and then moving to PLO 50 and taking shots at PLO 100 when the games are good.

Good luck
      Patrick
      I'm a really bad holdem player, I think I do ok at Plo as I'm more disciplined to fold rather in holdem i play lots of hands
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by philiveyfan
      Lol I was playing on I poker and some how in one day I made 2000, sorry what does plo25 mean
      Congrats! :D

In that case it would be better to stay at the lower limits until you are ready.

PLO = Pot Limit Omaha (We guessed this is what you're playing as its most popular?)

The 25 stands for the BB of the game. So $0.25 :)
      50 = $0.50
      100 = $1

And so on ...
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Originally posted by philiveyfan
      Congrats! :D

In that case it would be better to stay at the lower limits until you are ready.

PLO = Pot Limit Omaha (We guessed this is what you're playing as its most popular?)

The 25 stands for the BB of the game. So $0.25 :)
      50 = $0.50
      100 = $1

And so on ...
      oh ok thanks, ya I feel more comfortable at the 50 cent 1 dollar blinds.. you won't believe it i played as high as 5 dollars 10 dollars but not knowing how to manager brm,