This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Question about my BankRoll

• 7 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey Phil,

I hope you don't mind, I moved your thread to the relevant board.

thanks so much
      Ingrid
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi Philiveyfan,

Although I am not an experienced PLO player I do know that 20bi's is definitely too aggressive. Generally PLO has ALOT more variance than Holdem and huge swings are super standard.

I would suggest playing PLO25 with this bankroll. If you are currently pwnign holdem and want to move to PLO and play similar stakes I would suggest playing holdem until you have $5k and then moving to PLO 50 and taking shots at PLO 100 when the games are good.

Good luck
      Patrick
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey there philiveyfan,

First off, are you a beginner that has a large Bankroll, or you've built this up?

If you are a Beginner then I'd suggest PLO25 at Max. You would still have alot to learn and would be far beneficial if you were to learn at a lower risk!
      If you're dominating PLO25, move on up :)

Best of luck at the tables!
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Hey there philiveyfan,

First off, are you a beginner that has a large Bankroll, or you've built this up?

If you are a Beginner then I'd suggest PLO25 at Max. You would still have alot to learn and would be far beneficial if you were to learn at a lower risk!
      If you're dominating PLO25, move on up :)

Best of luck at the tables!
      Lol I was playing on I poker and some how in one day I made 2000, sorry what does plo25 mean
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hi Philiveyfan,

Although I am not an experienced PLO player I do know that 20bi's is definitely too aggressive. Generally PLO has ALOT more variance than Holdem and huge swings are super standard.

I would suggest playing PLO25 with this bankroll. If you are currently pwnign holdem and want to move to PLO and play similar stakes I would suggest playing holdem until you have $5k and then moving to PLO 50 and taking shots at PLO 100 when the games are good.

Good luck
      Patrick
      I'm a really bad holdem player, I think I do ok at Plo as I'm more disciplined to fold rather in holdem i play lots of hands
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by philiveyfan
      Lol I was playing on I poker and some how in one day I made 2000, sorry what does plo25 mean
      Congrats! :D

In that case it would be better to stay at the lower limits until you are ready.

PLO = Pot Limit Omaha (We guessed this is what you're playing as its most popular?)

The 25 stands for the BB of the game. So $0.25 :)
      50 = $0.50
      100 = $1

And so on ...
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Originally posted by philiveyfan
      Congrats! :D

In that case it would be better to stay at the lower limits until you are ready.

PLO = Pot Limit Omaha (We guessed this is what you're playing as its most popular?)

The 25 stands for the BB of the game. So $0.25 :)
      50 = $0.50
      100 = $1

And so on ...
      oh ok thanks, ya I feel more comfortable at the 50 cent 1 dollar blinds.. you won't believe it i played as high as 5 dollars 10 dollars but not knowing how to manager brm,