This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AQ 3bet/call

• obrutmaster
      obrutmaster
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($21.60)
      Hero ($27.85)
      UTG ($10.66)
      CO ($24.46)
      BTN ($21.40)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: A:diamond:

UTG calls $0.20, fold, BTN raises to $1, fold, Hero raises to $3.30, fold, BTN raises to $21.40 (AI), Hero calls $18.10

FLOP ($43.10) 2:spade: K:spade: 8:spade:

TURN ($43.10) 2:spade: K:spade: 8:spade: 7:diamond:

RIVER ($43.10) 2:spade: K:spade: 8:spade: 7:diamond: 4:heart:

BTN shows Q:spade: K:club:
      (Pre 26%, Flop 92.5%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero shows Q:club: A:diamond:
      (Pre 74%, Flop 7.5%, Turn 4.5%)

BTN wins $40.95

Limper Stats: 53/0/22/56/20 [VPIP/PFR/AGF/WTSD/Hands]
      Villain STATS: BTN PFR 38%
      Fold 3bet - 60% from btn vs blinds
      4bet 27% (15 situations) from btn vs blinds
      Hands: 1500
      Hero Image and Stats: I 3bet-ed him previous hand.
      3bet: 15% (tried to make a loose image and stack of with top 4% range) 23/20 [VPIP/PFR]

If i make some calculations and seethat he is 4bet 27% of his range that means arround 10.2% of total hands i tought that this should be a good call.
      But i think this hand could be played somehow different any suggestions please?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think call there is fine. He would likely 4-bet small with AK instead of shoving and don´t see reason why he should shove there QQ-AA. So yore either flipping against some medium pp-s or are ahead rest of his bluffshoving range

Best regards,
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Black
      I actually disaggree completely with the way the hand was played. First of all preflop i believe you sould totally call and see a flop with AQ with the fish in the hand. Hit A,Q,2p,trips,straight and donk the flop. That probably would be more +ev than the actual possible flip or negative ev with AQ and collecting the dead money (which probly is close to b/e). If you do 3bet than it is obviously for value and you should be shipping it esp to his high 4b freq.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by x3mwisp
      I actually disaggree completely with the way the hand was played. First of all preflop i believe you sould totally call and see a flop with AQ with the fish in the hand. Hit A,Q,2p,trips,straight and donk the flop. That probably would be more +ev than the actual possible flip or negative ev with AQ and collecting the dead money (which probly is close to b/e). If you do 3bet than it is obviously for value and you should be shipping it esp to his high 4b freq.
      If your 3-betting range hasn´t AQ, then what hands actually you would 3-bet there for value?. Imo TT+, AK is too small range against player who can easily 4-bet/fold or get all-in with worse hands