How to get to Bronze status as a US citizen?

• Easytee
      Easytee
      Basic
      Hey, I am from the US. Thus, I cannot take the quiz or receive the $50 for completing it. This really doesn't worry me, as I don't care too much about money. However, I do care alot about improving at poker and I can't seem to find a way to earn any strategy points from the US without buying the silver package? I would rather only buy silver once I got to bronze... Is there any way I can get bronze status for free like non-Us citizens can?
  • 8 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey Easytee,

Welcome to our community! :)

Where exactly are you from then?

I’m sorry but due to your country of residence you’ll not be able to claim the free $50 starting capital.

What is your game type and limit then?

By registering at PokerStrategy.com, you will get beginner status and access to all our beginners; strategies, articles, videos and forums. However, in order to access our advanced content, you'll need a higher status.

The good news is, you can now buy Strategy Points, quickly and easily in our points shop. For further details simply click on the link below:

Get more from PokerStrategy.com!

If you get the Silver package this is what you can expect:

- Access to over 360 Silver videos
      - 110+ articles with priceless information you can reference
      - Columns, quizzes, and coaching to expand your poker mind
      - Silver+ forum access so you can talk strategy with other serious players

Hope this helps
      Ingrid
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      Actually, there may be another way to get silver and even gold status.

Opening a Skrill/Moneybookers account through Pokerstrategy could give you 100 points, see here.

Buying HoldemManager through a HEM account registered with PokerStrategy could give you 500 points, see here.

In either case, check with a member of staff (such as the lovely Ingrid :f_pleased: ) that these offers still apply and that being living in the USA is not an issue AND make sure you follow the instructions religiously!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by oblitron

Buying HoldemManager through a HEM account registered with PokerStrategy could give you 500 points, see here.
      The HEM promotion is not available any longer I'm afraid

Thank you oblitron for helping out :f_love:
    • Easytee
      Easytee
      Basic
      Hmm, so there is no other way to even get 1 point coming from the US except through buying silver and thus skipping bronze?
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Easytee
      Hmm, so there is no other way to even get 1 point coming from the US except through buying silver and thus skipping bronze?
      I'm afraid so Easytee :(

The only option is to Buy the points, or do as oblitron suggests:

"Opening a Skrill/Moneybookers account through Pokerstrategy could give you 100 points, see here."

That would also promote you to silver for this month, and next! Which will be plenty of time to read through all the Bronze & Silver content.
    • Easytee
      Easytee
      Basic
      how do you get the 100 points? I made an account but it said
      "Simply sign up at Skrills (Moneybookers) through PokerStrategy.com and enter your Customer ID.
      You will be credited a one-time bonus of 100 StrategyPoints once you have made your first transfer."

What constitutes a transfer?
    • Easytee
      Easytee
      Basic
      bump, I still need an answer to this question so I can get silver!
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Easytee,

I don't use MoneyBookers myself, but a "Transfer" would mean sending or receiving funds. Can you send $10 from your bank account to MoneyBookers? Then send it back? Perhaps this will count as a Transfer. Or alternately you could use it to buy an item online next time you do some online shopping? Sorry i'm not to clued up on this myself, but that should work!

Alternatively, drop an email at pokerstrategy@moneybookers.com
      They should be able to sort you out in a flash! :]

Let us know what happens!