CO: $2.00
      BTN: $2.52
      SB: $1.98
      Hero (BB): $2.15
      UTG: $3.67
      UTG+1: $0.71

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 3:spade: 2:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.06, fold, fold, CO calls $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, fold, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.25, 4 players) 2:heart: 3:heart: 2:club:
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO bets $0.12, BTN calls $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, fold

Turn: ($0.61, 3 players) T:spade:
      Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets $0.43, Hero calls $0.43, CO calls $0.43

River: ($1.90, 3 players) 9:heart:
      Hero checks/shoves ???, CO bets $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.20/shoves ???, CO raises to $1.39 and is all-in, fold, Hero calls $1.19

Hello,

I guess I shouldn't have slowplayed this. I slowplayed it because BU/CO are aggressive, they like to bet with nothing and are easy to float. And I think BU likes to bet with draws too. Since I've managed to float him after 2nd barreling on a failed flush-draw on the river. However they could fold against a bet.

RIVER: As played, I think I should've shipped it right away? The pot is big enough to shove anyway. They probably gonna think I'm bluffing.

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      As played you should check shove and hope one of them made a flush.

The best move would have been to reraise on the turn, not too big, so you could gain initiative!
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      The best move would have been to reraise on the turn, not too big, so you could gain initiative!
      Hi BogdanDr,

Yeah. It crossed in my mind to raise there. But I'm not sure whether he's gonna call or not with top-pair, plus he could bet with draws so I was too afraid he's going to fold his hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Just start Betting yourself right on the flop and start building up the pot rather than Check/Call with you ain't even building up the pot. You slowplaying way too long, I don't get why you should even Check the river?

Best Regards.
    • BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      Hi cpers,

The lead is the best option against unknown opp so you will be able to build up the pot. If you have a good read that your opponents are aggresive you can slow play it, as you did and I think it's even better to check-shove the river, rahther than donk shove, because there's notheing exept a flush or a better full house that will call you there and the one with the flush will bet itself almoast always considering the action so far.

Actually looking at the stack sizes, you would have to be deeper to reraise on the turn to gain initiative, so that's not really an option (as the raise would be a shove).