This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - FR - 22 - set vs shoves shoves wet board

• cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $3.51
      MP+1: $0.90
      CO: $2.00
      BTN: $1.95
      SB: $1.64
      BB: $0.80
      Hero (UTG): $3.08
      UTG+1: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 2:spade: 2:heart:

Hero calls $0.02, fold, MP calls $0.02, fold, CO raises to $0.12, fold, SB calls $0.11, fold, Hero calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.50, 4 players) 2:diamond: J:diamond: Q:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.36, MP calls $0.36, fold, fold

Turn: ($1.22, 2 players) A:club:
      Hero bets $0.77, MP raises to $3.03 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.83 and is all-in ???

Hello,

Bad call on turn? Seen him cold-calling with QTo from MP, and calling 3b with it. So I think KT are definitely in his range. But so is AJ, AQ, QJ and it's unlikely he has better sets with JJ so I thought it's okay calling his shoves.

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      The call is ok, you can't rally fold, there are still a lot of draws and 2pair posible.

The donk on the flop is not really ok since is also rather smallish. You could have check-raised. If you decide to donk, should be because there are to many people in the pot and you feel they might check it down. In this case make it a little bigger: 0.4-0.45
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      If you decide to donk, should be because there are to many people in the pot and you feel they might check it down.
      Yeah this why I donkbet, the CO is unknown so I don't want to take chance. I guess I should've bet bigger since there's a lot of villains on the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Not really, I am betting the flop & turn bigger and then just shipping it. He may easily have a lot worse hands like 2pairs and maybe even just Ax.

Best Regards.