[NL2-NL10] NL5 QTo

• ukspike
      Hey, this is actually the first hand I have posted here so I hope it's right :)

I wasnt's overly sure what to do on this hand, villain was 25vpip but not a big sample, and had previous stole blinds from me, I was planning to give the hand up on the turn, then the J showed and my thought process was that the only two cards that beat me are the Ac Qc, this prompted me to follow through with the hand, even after the shove on the river (I thought not even a club may be required here to try and push down the pot)

I am not sure the correct play, although I think I should of gave up the hand as I had planned.

I am also aware that in this instance my cbet is to low.

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $12.50 (250 bb)
      BTN: $5 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5.98 (119.6 bb)
      BB: $5.01 (100.2 bb)
      UTG+2: $5.25 (105 bb)
      MP1: $15.03 (300.6 bb)
      MP2: $3.03 (60.6 bb)
      MP3: $8.97 (179.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q T
      5 folds, BTN raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.13, BB folds

Flop: ($0.35) K 6 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BTN calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.75) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, BTN raises to $1.45, Hero calls $1.10

River: ($3.65) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.20 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.20

Results: $10.05 pot ($0.49 rake)
      Final Board: K 6 2 J 9
      BTN showed A 5 and won $9.56 ($4.56 net)
      Hero showed Q T and lost (-$5 net)
  • 3 replies
    • cpers
      I don't like the donkbet on the flop. They could raise you with nothing just to check/scare you. Besides your T aren't that strong, so you don't want to play a big pot with that. I'd rather bet(.55~.60)/fold the turn. Since any A or Q of clubs beats you.
    • BogdanDr
      the line wasn't actually good starting with preflop. The call was pretty bad (Q,To doesn't raly play well) and I think that for the moment you are better off just folding preflop and don't try to resteal.

On the flop you shouldn't donk, if you want to pursue your draw you could just call a CB, but T high is rarely going to be good against his preflop raiseing range. You also have to concider that if you make your flush he will never continue if he doesn't have one and if he has a smaller flush you won't be able to get much out of him.
    • veriz
      Hello ukspike,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Not the greatest hand to play being OOP, if you even want anything to do then rather 3bet it and make him fold his steals rather than Call and play the hand OOP and maybe even in multiway pot.

As played
      Postflop: What's the idea of the donk? Neither the hand ain't even that strong since even if you hit your flush you most likely wont be good there. Which also tells what to do on the turn, I just can't see any worse hands there which raise you and you beat. Therefore if I'd even donk like that then I am still Bet/Folding the turn if anything at all. Do you think even weaker hands pay you on the turn?

Oh and by the way you ain't CBetting here but the opponent is capable of doing that.

Best Regards.