This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH AT from SB

• Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $3.34 (167 bb) VPIP: 14, PFR: 14, 3B: 7.7, AF: , Hands: 29
      BTN: $2 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2 (100 bb)
      BB: $2.92 (146 bb)
      MP: $1.88 (94 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A T
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.07, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.06, BB folds

I guess this isn't even a call from a tight player like him. I should have folded.

Flop: ($0.16) Q K 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.16) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, CO calls $0.08

Hit something and decide to bet, hoping for him to fold, but I guess anything that would make him fold is if he thought I had a flush, because all the cards on board hits his range. And bet sizing is wrong, should be at least 2/3, I guess I thought betting smaller would do the same job as big.

River: ($0.32) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

He called and now bets, so we must be beat and up against at least 2 pair. And his bet is the perfect value I would bet.

Results: $0.72 pot ($0.03 rake)
      Final Board: Q K 9 A 5
      CO showed A Q and won $0.69 ($0.34 net)
      Hero mucked A T and lost (-$0.35 net)
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      The sample size is not really relevant and 5 handed he might be looser.

On the turn you shouldn't bet because you "hit something", as aces are a big part of his CO raiseing range and if he has the Ad or 2 pair he is defenetly not folding. You could just check-call the turn and if he checks behind bet smallish river so he could call with worse aces or second pairs.

As played on the river a check-fold is in order, as he would only value bet big A or made hands and rarely bluff.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Krishjanis,

Preflop: Rather don't Call such hands unless your postflop play is really good. We don't want to play the hand OOP and in multiway pot.

As played
      Postflop: I'd Bet the turn ~$0,14 and then most likely Bet/Fold the river myself and avoid him Checking behind a lot weaker pairs.

Best Regards.