[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH AT from SB

• Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $3.34 (167 bb) VPIP: 14, PFR: 14, 3B: 7.7, AF: , Hands: 29
      BTN: $2 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2 (100 bb)
      BB: $2.92 (146 bb)
      MP: $1.88 (94 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A T
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.07, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.06, BB folds

I guess this isn't even a call from a tight player like him. I should have folded.

Flop: ($0.16) Q K 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.16) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, CO calls $0.08

Hit something and decide to bet, hoping for him to fold, but I guess anything that would make him fold is if he thought I had a flush, because all the cards on board hits his range. And bet sizing is wrong, should be at least 2/3, I guess I thought betting smaller would do the same job as big.

River: ($0.32) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

He called and now bets, so we must be beat and up against at least 2 pair. And his bet is the perfect value I would bet.

Results: $0.72 pot ($0.03 rake)
      Final Board: Q K 9 A 5
      CO showed A Q and won $0.69 ($0.34 net)
      Hero mucked A T and lost (-$0.35 net)
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      The sample size is not really relevant and 5 handed he might be looser.

On the turn you shouldn't bet because you "hit something", as aces are a big part of his CO raiseing range and if he has the Ad or 2 pair he is defenetly not folding. You could just check-call the turn and if he checks behind bet smallish river so he could call with worse aces or second pairs.

As played on the river a check-fold is in order, as he would only value bet big A or made hands and rarely bluff.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Krishjanis,

Preflop: Rather don't Call such hands unless your postflop play is really good. We don't want to play the hand OOP and in multiway pot.

As played
      Postflop: I'd Bet the turn ~$0,14 and then most likely Bet/Fold the river myself and avoid him Checking behind a lot weaker pairs.

Best Regards.