This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

MiddleMan's poker career

• MiddleMan
      MiddleMan
      Bronze
      Hi!
      (And sorry for my bad english :) )

So today i desided to seriosly start playing poker, and to work on my BR.
      I started with PS 50$ few weeks ago, and deposited another 15Ls(30$) of my own money. Got my BR up to 95$, then fell down to 50$. Then deposited another 15Ls. And playded SNG, NL, FL. And yesturday i was allmost broke, with 5$ :tongue:
      I knew i will get 10$ back form 35$ rake, but.. i was broke :)
      Today i am with 35$, after 1400 hands playing 0.10/0.20$ FL. So... +20$ after 1400 hand. I think its not bad.

My next goals: Get BR up to 100$ by the end of the week. And then start playing 0.25/0.50$ FL. Dont think i will have mutch problems playing at 0.25/0.50$ FL, as i have played it before, and i was doing good.

And one thing to consider: When and should I move to NL. I have been just loosing money in NL, but in FL I am doing quite good(at least i think so). Maybe I am not made to play NL, and should concentrate on FL?
      Maybe some experts could give coment about this.

Thank You all for reading, and i will post latest results in a few days.
  • 3 replies
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      You should decide which type you wanna play and concentrate on this type. I see no sense in playing SnG's, FL and NL when you start playing poker. As I said choose one type of game, read the articles, post hands, watch videos and become a winning player.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Welcome MiddleMan,
      I hope you enjoy your stay at Pokerstrategy. However I agree with anstaendig. You better focus on one aspect of poker for now and try to make that your standard game. And don't set yourself goals about reaching a specified bankroll for the end of the week, it's better to set goals of "reading so many articles, watching those video's or visit so many coachings"... You'll become a better player and your bankroll will increase as well. Good luck!
    • MiddleMan
      MiddleMan
      Bronze
      Thank You both, for advice. :)

In a few days i hope to post some results. :)