Starting hand chart not working out

• Gnillperker
      Gnillperker
      Bronze
      Hi! I just recieved my 50 and started devoting my trust in the all powerful beginner chart, however, following it strictly has resulted in my 50% account decreasing to 30. Any good reasons on why this could be? I think I fold too many hands, and my opponents know that they often win by bluffing, especially when I'm meeting fewer opponents at a given table. Btw, I'm playing at Partypoker.

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Gnillperker
  • 10 replies
    • sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      Hi

could be a number of reasons

post some hands.. see if you can get feedback

u using a software? what stakes u playin?
    • Gnillperker
      Gnillperker
      Bronze
      Hi!

I currently stopped using Pokertracker since I'm folding so much, and like to play at serveral tables simultaneously for that reason, which makes the hud take to much room and time to read out, at least for a beginner :)

I'm playing at the very first level, stakes are 0.05/0.10!

Do I need to post hands? I'm just following exactly what the chart tell me to
    • DeetM
      DeetM
      Bronze
      The chart is a short-cut to point you in the right direction until you have enough experience to know yourself what to do.

You'll get to that point a lot quicker if you play fewer tables, pay more attention to what's happening in each hand and post/review hands afterwards.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Hi,

Are you playing Full ring or Short handed?
      How many tables are you playing on at once?
      Also, it would be more helpful if you'd post your PokerTracker stats (vpip/pfr, etc).
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Edit: It's fixed limit, false alarm
    • Gnillperker
      Gnillperker
      Bronze
      Hi! Thanks for the replies guys! On partypoker it seems like every table is 6 players max, so that's short handed right?

Total hands: 279
      Amount won -4.47

vpip 33.69 (94 of 279)
      pfr 17.20 (48 of 279)

saw flop 35.13 (98 out of 279) Might be a bit higher than I do now, as I've gotten better at getting the chart down. I still lose though

Won when saw flop 41.84

Ftfb 54.05 (20 of 37)
      ftfr 27.27 (3 of 11)
      fttb 60 (9 of 15)
      fttr 16.67 (1/6)
      fttrb 38.46 (5/13)
      wtsd 34.69 (34/98)
      wasd 44.12 (15/34)

Yeah, tell me you need to know anything else (address, passwords.. ect :D )

I'm not losing too much, but it goes downhill slowly but surely!
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Two things, that volume (279 hands) is literally nothing, therefore your stats are not as useful.

Your vpip is way to much for the limit (overlimping/coldcalling too much), but than again, we don't know until you have a couple thousand more hands.

Keep using the ORC, don't loosen up and post hands where you're not completely sure.
    • sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      Def should use a hud. Very usefull when multi tabling and you cant really track your performance without it (accurately)

If you are multi tabling at those limits you should have a pfr & vpip of around 10% with an aggression factor of atleast 4-5.

Try being really tight but aggro especially against the loose players!

Get some volume in and post hands

GL
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      I believe sucker1952, that you've missed that Gnillperker is playing shorthanded, not fullring tables, because 10% vpip/pfr for shorthanded is basically suicidal.

Although I recommend using a HUD too, even if it's only shows VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD. It should be enough to begin with and you can customize the font and colors so it should be confortable even when you're multi tabling.
      You could even start with using VPIP and PFR only.
    • bazerk
      bazerk
      Bronze
      Have to mention too that the SHCs are just that. Starting hands. They don't tell you how to play post flop. Read the articles in the links below, along with what Tarhonya said, and post hands (play lots more hands too) and you'll see the SHCs are a good basis.