[NL2-NL10] NL2- KK bad turn play

• Dback357

in the heat of the battle, I second barrelled the turn A, but I later realised, most of his calling range beats me now (except JJ and maybe TT). He probably won´t bet worse on river if I check behind and won´t call the turn with worse. Odds on the river is ridiculous, but I think, I´m beat just about 100% of the time... :( I have a bad feeling about my turn and river play...

Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , K:spade:
      8 folds, SB raises to $0,06, Hero raises to $0,24, SB calls $0,18.

Flop: ($0,48) Q:club: , 5:club: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,36, SB calls $0,36.

Turn: ($1,20) A:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,9, SB calls $0,90.

River: ($3,00) A:spade: (2 players)
      SB raises $0,72 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3,72
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Dback357,

The turn isn't the greatest card for us since it gives him hard time to Call with a lot worse and at the same time it hits also his preflop range. So therefore I might even Check behind there to get called by weaker hands.

But if I am betting the turn then most likely I am not laying it down for the given odds on river. We need only 16% equity there and he still could even ship there with just Qx hands as well. If you are so sure that he ain't doing that then sure, folding is most likely the safest option.

Best Regards.