[NL20-NL50] 2 pair vs fish on the river

• BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      On Game No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - On Game Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($14.29)
      BB ($20.83)
      Hero (UTG) ($25.10)
      MP ($22.55)
      CO ($22.54)
      Button ($18.79)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, J
      Hero bets $0.60, 1 fold, CO calls $0.60, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.50) J, 6, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, CO calls $1.10

Turn: ($3.70) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($3.70) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO raises $3, Hero raises $4, CO raises $7, Hero raises $18.40 (All-In),

Villan vpip/pfr/af/fCB/wtsd/hands
      52/9/4.3/50/9/88

Until the turn I guess everithing is pretty standard.

On the turn I checked for pot control and because if he only had one pair I couldn't extract more that one street of value anyhow. I didn't feel that I have to protect that much against his straight draws (beeing so loose I don't think that he has that many legitimate draws that I need to protect against)

On the river I bet so smal because I don't think he has much and I want to determine him to call.
      When he reraises I put him on something like 2 pair with the A (moast likely: A6,A7), KJ or a bluff. The QT could be posible from a player like him and maybe even some wierdly solwplayed sets. But against his whole range I decided I was ahead.

I min rr to induce a bluff or a call from something weak that he decided to turn into a bluff.

After he raises to 10 he kinda shows strencth, because I don't think he is ever going to fold to a shove. Should I have just called, or shove for value against his river made 2 pairs.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think you can also bet turn for value. He would still call once more with his pairs and draws. I would also 3-bet river for value, but then only call his 4-bet. You´re not any more ahead to shove there, since players would take that line more often with nuts than some two pair hands

Best regards,