This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 2 pair vs fish on the river

• BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      On Game No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - On Game Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($14.29)
      BB ($20.83)
      Hero (UTG) ($25.10)
      MP ($22.55)
      CO ($22.54)
      Button ($18.79)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, J
      Hero bets $0.60, 1 fold, CO calls $0.60, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.50) J, 6, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, CO calls $1.10

Turn: ($3.70) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($3.70) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO raises $3, Hero raises $4, CO raises $7, Hero raises $18.40 (All-In),

Villan vpip/pfr/af/fCB/wtsd/hands
      52/9/4.3/50/9/88

Until the turn I guess everithing is pretty standard.

On the turn I checked for pot control and because if he only had one pair I couldn't extract more that one street of value anyhow. I didn't feel that I have to protect that much against his straight draws (beeing so loose I don't think that he has that many legitimate draws that I need to protect against)

On the river I bet so smal because I don't think he has much and I want to determine him to call.
      When he reraises I put him on something like 2 pair with the A (moast likely: A6,A7), KJ or a bluff. The QT could be posible from a player like him and maybe even some wierdly solwplayed sets. But against his whole range I decided I was ahead.

I min rr to induce a bluff or a call from something weak that he decided to turn into a bluff.

After he raises to 10 he kinda shows strencth, because I don't think he is ever going to fold to a shove. Should I have just called, or shove for value against his river made 2 pairs.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think you can also bet turn for value. He would still call once more with his pairs and draws. I would also 3-bet river for value, but then only call his 4-bet. You´re not any more ahead to shove there, since players would take that line more often with nuts than some two pair hands

Best regards,