NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($92.81)
      BB ($66.67)
      UTG ($64.68)
      UTG+1 ($56.09)
      CO ($48.83)
      Hero ($52.92)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: T:spade:

fold, fold, CO raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, fold, fold, CO calls $3

FLOP ($9.75) 8:diamond: 4:diamond: 3:spade:

CO checks, Hero bets $6, CO calls $6

TURN ($21.75) 8:diamond: 4:diamond: 3:spade: Q:spade:

CO checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($21.75) 8:diamond: 4:diamond: 3:spade: Q:spade: 5:heart:

CO bets $38.33 (AI), Hero folds

CO wins $20.67

Hi!

Villain after 20 hands 20/20 reg, in PTR he is winning
      SB + BB regs

Turn bet/fold or bet/call?

I think he will almost never have Qx here, because he would c/r flop with QKs, JQs, AQs diamonds, maybe a random Q with A :diamond: but I dont think so. If he raises, the only hands beat me are sets and overpairs I think.

As played can I call river? Its similar to a hand I posted few days ago, he isnt representing anything with overbet. Why would he bet so big after I seem to be weak? No reason actually, but vs unknown I didnt want to risk 80 bb, maybe he had 88 or QQ+.

Ty
  • 4 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Why do u 3bet here? How often does villain fold to 3bet, cbet?Do you have any dynamics going on? Have active where you before this hand. The more info u give, more we can take in to considoration.

With the given info its a big guessing game. I would assume that a winning 20/20 reg doenst flat 3bets oop to wide and he'd 4bet his premiums so I'd give him a narrow range like88, 99, TT, JJ and some broadways.

Id also expect him to c/r most of his draws and maybe take a passive line with nuts which is only 88 actualy and maybe with 99, TT, JJ, cause if he raises those, its not very likely you'd call with anything worse.

On the turn, I prefer bet/fold, so you dont get in such a crappy spot in river.
      I also dont see much he can represent on river, but I very rarely see any bluffs in that kinf of spot. Usually some misplayed nuts.
    • Mauzer77
      Mauzer77
      Bronze
      I played with him 20 hands, so I didnt know anything about him except that he is a reg and he is a winning player. No history like I did a 3bet before or something else.
      3bet because I am ahead vs his CO range + didnt want to get a squeeze. SB + BB were also regs.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

this is very standard 3-bet spot for value. Even if you don´t expect players to call too many worse hands, TT is way ahead his range, so he can either ahve to tighten up his opening range or you can start 3-betting him basically every hand that you open from BU (which means he has to either start calling oop hands like AJ/AQ, KJs and so on or 4-betting both for value and bluff). Ip you don´t mind him calling oop and against 4-bets you then just wait premium hand to 3-bet to then stack his AQ

I´d personally prefer betting turn. If it is either b/f or b/c it depends general game flow and if I think he is good enough player to turn hsi hand into bluff and c/rai smt like 99. Most players would c/c there again if I bet 11$, so I think b/f would be a littlebit better than b/c.

River I´d fold. if you have any history then you´re seeing set most of the times rather than bluff

best regards,
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      I agree with everything Kaitz20 says.

I normally betcall turn if I do bet as its just so hard to flop a set! Also because he shouldnt be calling 33/44/88 that often OOP.

I probably shove river too if he does c/c turn. Punish those stations!