fold, fold, SB raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.40

FLOP ($4) K:heart: 6:spade: Q:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $2.10, SB calls $2.10

TURN ($8.20) K:heart: 6:spade: Q:club: J:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($8.20) K:heart: 6:spade: Q:club: J:club: 3:club:

SB bets $4.20, Hero calls $4.20

14/13/3.7, steal from SB 25 (4), 157 hands

I assume he should fold lot of his range OOP preflop.

Now what to do on flop? I think there is no point to bet. Weaker hands will fold, better will call. He should have strong range, like QQ+.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

how you put someone on QQ+ just because he b/c pf. Imo he would most of the times 4-bet QQ-AA or at least c/r flop with KQ or KK/QQ, so I don´t see any reason why you should not bet turn to 5$ and shove river.

Also I would prefer betting flop, since you get fold hands like 88 or he may call with JTs, AT and if makes your hand a lot easier to play than checking back flop and then start guessing if he is bluffing or not

Best regards,
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      I think its close between flatting and 3betting pre. Probably need some reads/stats to decide between what is best.

I think I like a flop check back. Planning to call most turns and fold river if he bets. Mainly because the guy is pretty nitty and this smacks both of our ranges.

I dont see him c/c flop that often with a hand that we beat so we are basically turning our hand into a bluff. We arent really too bothered about most turn cards either.

If I did cbet flop and turn, river is a pretty clear check back. I very much doubt we get 3 streets from worse. VS this guy even a turn bet feels kinda thin. simply because he is not flatting that many Kx hands besides KQ/KJ.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I put him on such tight range because he is OOP. I would not expect him to call even with KQ OOP. I expect only traps here. You must be so advanced to call OOP with hand like KQ, or especially JTs. I doubt he is so advanced.