A NL2 step by step Blog.

• ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Hello, my name is Jonathan and I fail at poker.

I am a network administrator in the area of Montreal, Canada. Full time job so it means I can play at most 3 hours of poker a night. 2 hours would be more realistic.

I have been playing poker for a year now. Loosing money in cash games and winning just a bit in sng's. I find sng's boring so I want to stop playing them completely and start to build a real bankroll from the very start. Over the last year I deposited too much of my own money. And lost the most part of it playing bad or tilting.

I am now determinated to change everything in my play and start making money at poker over the next year. My main goal would be to be a winner at NL25 before the end of the year.

I read all the article on NL BSS Full ring and I bought "No Limit Hold'em Theory and Practice" and started to read it. I also know I can beat NL2 at 10bb/100 because I did it 2 times already, before tilting the money away. I cashed out all my money and will be starting with 50$ at NL2 today.

I will post hands here and post graphs regulary.

Here is my own so popular list of goals for the year.

Legend:
      Current
      Done
      Failed

1 - Beat NL2
      2 - Beat NL5
      3 - Beat NL10
      4 - Be a winner at NL25
      5 - Finish reading David Slansky and Ed Miller book
      6 - Find myself a coach when I reach NL10
      7 - Play 6 table, and add 3 tables after each 50 000 hands I play with a profit until I reach 12.

I would like you guys to motivate me, tell my if my goals are reallistic and comment on the graphs, stats, and hands I'll be posting please!

I read so many blogs like this where the author have been successfull. I'm giving it a try!

Bankroll: 50$
  • 12 replies
    • BustoTinker
      BustoTinker
      Bronze
      I will be supporting you! :s_thumbsup:

I am my self also taking step by step, you can read it about my blog.

Dont focus the results. Focus every hand you play and how you play them! results will comes when they comes.

Bank roll management! Psykology articles from strategy.com!

I am believing on you! Dont give me dissapointment! Feel free to ask everything! Blog is profitable. You can ask anything and when you are lost some 1 comes always and save you! heh

You can join strategy coaching sessions for free and ask them everything! I recommend this and join holdem study group in skype if you use Skype!

GL!
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      I'm In!!! here is some tune to boost the roll :f_biggrin:

Roooooooooooooo

• BustoTinker
      BustoTinker
      Bronze
      My bad day continues... Your video looked interesting I tried to click it but;

Video includes materias that SME owns. Video is not useful in your country NH!!!!
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BustoTinker
      My bad day continues... Your video looked interesting I tried to click it but;

Video includes materias that SME owns. Video is not useful in your country NH!!!!
      let me cheer you up my friend :f_biggrin:

• ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Haha fun videos guys. Thanks :)

Just made a 449 hands session while watching PCA high roller final table.

No big hand exept a 4 way pot where I raised with AA and got 2 caller. I flopped the full house with A99 on the flop. Some guy called my bet and hit his full house with 77 on a A997 board. Stacked him! :)

Hands: 449
      Profit: 3.81$
      Bankroll: 53.81$
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Great start and welcome to ps, may your luck run and run and run :)

Roo
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Day 1 is over!

Im happy with the way I played. I made a 7.08$ profit. 6.83$ from cash games and 0.25$ from a PCA freeroll with 25 000 players wich I managed to finish 1061th.

I didint get in any tough spot. Most of the money I made today was with sets on the flop, or the full house I talked about.

My favorite hand today:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.71
      BB:
      $1.50
      UTG1:
      $2.07
      UTG2:
      $2.46
      MP1 (Hero):
      $2.18
      MP2:
      $5.52
      MP3:
      $0.97
      CO:
      $2.07
      BU:
      $2.21

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6, 6.
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 5 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.05) 5, 4, 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.21) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.21) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.34, Hero raises to $1.00, BB raises to $1.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Final Pot: $3.01.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, sixes full of fives(6 6).
      BB shows three of a kind, fives(5 8).

Hero wins with a full-house, sixes full of fives(6 6).

Hands: 1123
      Cash game Profit: 6.83$
      Tournament Profit: 0.25$
      Bankroll: 57.08$
    • BustoTinker
      BustoTinker
      Bronze
      When you are entering the pot dont limp. When no 1 hasnt open the pot you should do it. Every hand you limp is also enough strong to raise. If you get called you can c-bet the flop most of the time and win the pot in flop.

Also then remember that they are not gona pay you with 85o type of hands and if flop is 545 its unlikely that he has 5 in his hand. And you win the pot with c-bet most of the time.
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BustoTinker
      When you are entering the pot dont limp. When no 1 hasnt open the pot you should do it. Every hand you limp is also enough strong to raise. If you get called you can c-bet the flop most of the time and win the pot in flop.

Also then remember that they are not gona pay you with 85o type of hands and if flop is 545 its unlikely that he has 5 in his hand. And you win the pot with c-bet most of the time.
      I limp or fold my small pairs UTG, +1 and +2 all the times. Too many loose players raising with hands like QT and not giving up on drawy boards. I play small pocket pairs only for implied odds and for now its paying off. Anyone else have any thoughs on that?

Thanks for the tip bro. I'll try to mix in your strategie with mine and i'll try to post a graph for the results after a few thousand hands :)
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Lucky with my sets =)
      Juicy pot!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $0.84
      SB:
      $0.78
      BB (Hero):
      $2.00
      MP1:
      $7.85
      MP2:
      $1.39
      MP3:
      $4.72
      CO:
      $1.41

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3, 3.
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB calls $0.07, Hero calls $0.06, MP3 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.4) 6, T, 3 (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.26, MP3 raises to $0.54, CO raises to $1.33, BU folds, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.92, MP3 calls $1.38.

Turn: ($5.57) 8 (3 players)

River: ($5.57) 7 (3 players)

Final Pot: $5.57.
    • BustoTinker
      BustoTinker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ReaZoN999

I limp or fold my small pairs UTG, +1 and +2 all the times. Too many loose players raising with hands like QT and not giving up on drawy boards.
      Everything you do you should be able to justify :s_thumbsup:
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      I closed my cash tables for now to concentrate on my Sunday storm tournament I got in with 700fpp :) Last time I made a 45$ cash in this one. Wish me luck for today!

Ended the morning session with a good profit. Even if I lost 3 hands in a row with kings, and made a stupid call with 99 all in against a unknown who just got to the table and went all in. Ended up he had AA. I need to fix that leak :evil:

Hands: 1716
      Cash game Profit: 11.18$
      Tournament Profit: 0.25$
      Bankroll: 61.43$