[NL2-NL10] nl4 Nut Flush on Paired Board Hyper Aggression!

• Ghartman

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , 3:club:
      3 folds, SB raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.24) K:heart: , 6:club: , 4:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.48) 5:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.28, SB calls $0.28.

River: ($1.04) 4:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.78, Hero raises to $1.56, SB raises to $6.28 (All-In), Hero??????

Ok, so I decided to peel a flop with a suited ace. I flopped well, should I raise villain on the flop or is a flat call ok here? I hit on the turn and bet just over half pot, I don't want to scare him off as he was folding a lot in the few hands I had seen from him. The board pairs on the river and he 3-bets me all in. Is this a standard call here? I was pretty new to the room and I wasn't sure if this guy was a fish or a nit. This might seem a standard situation but I truly felt I might be beat.... I suppose it's a standard call, if he has me beat then good luck to him.....or not? What do you think?

• 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Ghartman,

Well, what I would do there I'd bet the turn bigger, why do you Bet so small? :)

But as played the river is pretty cruel while we even are a bit deeper. I expect very often the opponent to Check/Raise the turn rather than on river if he really had the flush so for the reason that board went to paired one we might even consider folding. But of course it ain't a huge mistake to play for the stacks even if you expect to see even worse flushes in his shipping range. But now again how likely it is? As I'd expect rather him raising the turn.

Best Regards.