[NL20-NL50] Nl$25 Fr Qq

• Tjablonsky
      Tjablonsky
      Bronze
      What to do here? The guy had 7% VPIP and 7% PFR, it was my third raise in a row...should I have played this differently?

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.30 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $5.00, 5 folds, Hero calls $3.75.

Flop: ($10.60) 2:club: , J:club: , J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00, MP3 raises to $17.95 (All-In), Hero calls $12.95.

Turn: ($46.50) 4:club:
      River: ($46.50) 9:diamond:

Final Pot: $46.50
  • 10 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You have some options.
      If you´ve been so active, then 4-bet/call is also fine pf.
      I would play c/rai on the flop. I see no reoson why he shouldn´t contibet on that board.
      If you lead out on the flop, I think you can´t fold, since you´re getting good enough pot odds (2,5:1) and you´re already put in almost half the opponent stack. So I like bet/call.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      indeed. c/rai is optimal, but bet/call is ok too.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      better to stick it in preflop with a maniac image then playit oop on the flop because if a K or A comes you wont be so glad to put the money in . with aa or kk i might call and make a c/r on the flop
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      If his AF is also low, then at best you are flipping vs AK, more likely behind to AA or KK.

You can't call the raise for set value against his remaining stack preflop, so I think it is either push or fold right there. Against a tight passive guy, definitely a fold.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      i think it's fine to call for set/overpair value. then if the flop comes no A no K get it in..
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Ordinarily, I think you would be correct, but a few factors here sway me against this.

1. 7% pfr, which is a short stack range. This guy reraises you.
      2. His total stack is only 22.95, so you can't actually call this raise for set value. You are short some money.
      3. Lots then depends on his AF, and the sample size. Preflop has to be push or fold, but mostly I think we are WB here, even preflop, so I would just let this go right there.

I think this way because I overplay my QQ too often.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      alright, in that case... how's he playing AK? openfold?
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Nope. But as I said earlier, he plays only AK, AA or KK this way. I still don't think you can play for set value, so push or fold preflop. I can't see the point of calling, hoping I'm only against AK, and taking the chance on any flop without an A or K. Also, depending on AF, he isn't raising all in with overcards most likely. So sample size and AF are important here. With a significant sample size and a huge AF, marginal at best.

I fold, because my equity against his range is about 40%. And most often I won't see AK I think, but that may not be factual, perhaps just paranoid.

If he is passive, it is entirely possible that he might only call AK in position, and raise just the big premiums.

There is some chance that he is just pushing back with a wider range because this is the third time in a row I'm raising. But for that to be true, he needs to be very aggressive. Against tight passive, easy fold.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      if you think he flatcalls AK in this spot, then this is an easy fold. but even if he's 3betting AK some of the time, it's a profitable call for overpair value as there are more combinations of AK than there are AA and KK combined (12 compared to 8)

then consider pot odds, etc.

AK he checks behind on the flop? really? and he folds after we c/r him all-in with likely 6 overcards as outs?
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      How aggressive is he? It matters.