Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has 2:diamond: 2:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.52, fold, Hero calls $0.52, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.34, 2 players) T:diamond: 3:heart: 8:club:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $1.00, UTG+1 calls $1.00

Turn: ($3.34, 2 players) 2:club:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $2.50, UTG+1 calls $2.50

River: ($8.34, 2 players) 6:spade:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $6.25, UTG+1 raises to $12.90, Hero calls $6.65

do you think that it was easy fold? You are experience player so this kind of min raise on the flop means only nuts?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

He ain't min-raising the flop. :P He is min-raising the river.

The problem here is that I just can't really see him doing that with a lot worse hands. He is either really overplaying hands like AA here which is the only hope for us or he has most likely a set of TT/88 or something similar. Taking into account his play-style I wouldn't be surprised.

But now again is the question if we are capable of laying down our hand for the given odds? While we don't know that much the opponent and we might even see time to time overpairs there then shouldn't be a huge problem if you even Call there. Although it's most often going to be a made hand in those spots when they pick such a line.

Best Regards.
    • cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      I do not understand the bet on the flop, on the turn river I would easily go broke
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      on the flop I bet because I though that I isolate with 22 but i think it isn't big mistake to bet and try to take this pot right know because 22 has got very low showdown value

edit.
      you are right that he has set of 88. I was ready to lay down this hand but you know how hard is to fold set even bottom set.
      Have you ever seen mini raise or raise as a bluff on the river in low stack? or it is easy situation to fold?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      on the flop I bet because I though that I isolate with 22 but i think it isn't big mistake to bet and try to take this pot right know because 22 has got very low showdown value

edit.
      you are right that he has set of 88. I was ready to lay down this hand but you know how hard is to fold set even bottom set.
      Have you ever seen mini raise or raise as a bluff on the river in low stack? or it is easy situation to fold?
      Rarely from those bad players unless as I said we expect to see him overplaying overpairs here like KK/AA.