[NL20-NL50] Nl20 Fr Aa

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Pre: Put villain on something like AJo+22-QQ (3b = 0.4% and had specific notes saying villain does not 3b QQ mostly)

Flop: Should I be 3b'ing flop?? I felt like I might get it all if I do, but I would imagine villain would have to have AQ/KK here to do that, otherwise I think I'm chopping AA or running into sets or overplaying my hand.

I thought villain was too LP to be raising draws (and there are not too many in his range IMO, maybe 9Ts/KJs) so I didn't think 3b for protection was necessary. I also felt like his raise was for value since it was a min-raise. If I flat call and play c/c on the turn it is difficult to extract value being OOP and I risk villain checking behind and getting a free card. Plus there are lots of turns that can either kill my action or put me behind. (Aces, Kings, Queens, clubs)

Really unsure on the best line on the flop here against a passive(ish) opponent

Turn: KQ gets there, so find it hard to put villain on a hand that can call a turn value bet but maybe better to bet/fold turn for thin value and protection against draws and weaker pairs?

River: Puts me ahead of KQ which I think he would bet on the turn anyway. Try to extract some thin value from weaker pairs. Bet sizing ok? Think I can make it 1/2 pot? for value from QX for example which seems his most likely holding.

Pacific Poker - $0.20 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP+1: $32.33
      LP: $31.20
      CO: $22.85
      BTN: $16.25 (22/6/2.5/28/797)
      SB: $20.75
      BB: $17.71
      UTG: $20.35
      Hero (UTG+1): $21.87
      MP: $15.38

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has A:heart: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.80, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.80, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.90, 2 players) 6:club: 7:heart: Q:club:
      Hero bets $1.42, BTN raises to $2.84, Hero calls $1.42

Turn: ($7.58, 2 players) K:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($7.58, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      Hero bets $2.50, BTN calls $2.50

Hero shows A:heart: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Sixes) (Pre 92%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      BTN mucks Q:diamond: A:spade: (Two Pair, Queens and Sixes) (Pre 8%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins $11.96
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think you should not get away your hand and see most of the times Qx or draws if he is min-raising flop, so with aces I´d 3-bet to 7$ for value to then shove any turn card. As played bet 6$ on the river, he would call you down Qx hands

Turn: KQ gets there, so find it hard to put villain on a hand that can call a turn value bet but maybe better to bet/fold turn for thin value and protection against draws and weaker pairs?
      - can´t really b/f turn with aces, since pot is too big and he may shove his draws and your hand is just too strong. Personally prefer c/rai to give him option to bet his draws and air if I c/c flop.

best regards,
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I think you should not get away your hand and see most of the times Qx or draws

even against passive or nitty players? or against this player in particular?

- can´t really b/f turn with aces, since pot is too big and he may shove his draws and your hand is just too strong. Personally prefer c/rai to give him option to bet his draws and air if I c/c flop.

I have always been in the mindset of betting the flop if I make top pair or better.

Should I consider c/c sometimes? Does it balance the times we check the flop postflop as the preflop agressor? Wouldn't it be a bad idea against passive opponents?

thanks for the help :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by muel294
      I think you should not get away your hand and see most of the times Qx or draws

even against passive or nitty players? or against this player in particular?

I have always been in the mindset of betting the flop if I make top pair or better.

Should I consider c/c sometimes? Does it balance the times we check the flop postflop as the preflop agressor? Wouldn't it be a bad idea against passive opponents?

thanks for the help :)
      against nitty players it is better just b/f flop, since they would only raise there with sets.

You can check flop, but with aces I´d prefer c/r and playing for stacks. Your hand is way too strong to turn it into bluff catcher and he would call you down with Qx hands.

Wouldn't it be a bad idea against passive opponents?
      - well if they have pair they would usually bet, so going against them c/r seems also fine. Don´t like c/c, since I think with tp or better you can bet against them all 3 streets for value.

Best regards,