Up Up and away :) One step at a time. [Updated: 2012-01-25]

• rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Hello, my name is Mantas. I have been playing poker for more than 2 years but I haven't really try to study in to the game and to become a pro up until recently when I have reached the gold level in PokerStrategy and most of the useful strategy articles and videos have been unlocked for me. I also have an opened blog about me trying to reach a bankroll of 0-1k$ :) but thats kinda slow for me so I've decided to start another blog where I will deposit some money and start building my bankroll using this pic below:

I will start playing later today at NL2 shorthanded tables at party poker I think. Because I can get strategy points from that room.

This is my plan on moving up the limits:
      Jan-Feb: Move up to NL5
      Mar-Apr:Move up to NL10
      May-Jun: Move up to NL25
      Jul-Aug: Move up to NL50
      Sep-Oct: Move up to NL100
      Nov-Dec: Move up to at least to NL200

Ultimately my goal is to reach NL400 by the end of the year and cash out at least $10k in profit :)

P.S. Will be playing at Poker770 since Party doesn't have NL2 shorthanded tables :)

I will be posting daily here about my entire day process, what went good and what went bad and overall will be the conclusion of my bankroll status :)

Current bankroll:$36.48

Current limit: NL2

Cashed out amount:$0

Day #1:

Well as you can see today wasn't a very good day ($-6.2). The reason for this is that I had terrible luck playing for big pots. First I ran into set over set situation where I was the one with the lower set. Then I shoved all in with JJ vs a very loose guy and he ended up having pocket aces so lost again ;/ Then later lost a pot with QQ vs AK and the last big pot that I can remember was that i had flopped K hi flush and the other guy shoved all in (this time it was ~3$ call from me) and the guy endedup rivering his A hi flush so I lost. I was able to win back some money grinding to lowerer the loss from the bad all in situations :) Anyways tomorrow is a new day hopefully I will not run into so many bad situations that I did today :)
      Day #2:

Nothing really much to day. Didn't play all that well and had some health problems so couldn't win back the money :)
      Day #3:

This was a little better day :) Lost like 4 all in situations where i went in way ahead but lost. Bus dispute all of that and a short gaming time today the loss of bankroll is only $1.02 :) So I think I've finally started going on a right track :)
      Day #4:

Today was a really great day :) Even thought I did not play much today, only 94 minutes, i've managed to make $6.72 profit :) Here's the graph of the day :) :

Everything went so good today :D was feeling very good playing the game, was playing tighter than usual and i guess it pays :) Tomorrow i should be playing for some time but on the weekend I will not be able to play ;/ So I guess I will see ya tomorrow and then on monday :) Thanks for supporting me and good luck at the tables :)
      Day #5:

Played couple of hours today :) The first hour was cinda bad :) lost 2$ during it. Then I took a break and just now finished playing another session of 1 hour in which I made 3$ profit :) so the overall days profit is $0.92 :) ) Will only be playing at monday so see ya then.
      Day #6:

Well I'm back :) kinda tired so didn't play a lot only 1h today :) But still it was a good session :) Only the last hand took a bit out of my winnings but still managed to make $1.42 profit :) slowly but surely I'm beating the micros hopefully I will be able to move up to the next limit by the end of Feb. :)
      Day #7:

Well had a little set back today :) Lost couple of 100+bb all ins and the end of the day result is that I've lost over 6$ today. Anyway reviewed all of my all in hands after the session and make some adjustments which I will be applying tomorrow and hopefully win back the loss I had today and win the profit I should win tomorrow :)
      Day #8:

Well today was a superb day :D Was playing little more on the tight side since the NL2 table are quite loose so had 18.1 VPIP and 15 PFR :) The beginning of the day wasn't that good :) lost 2 all ins and struggled to get back to the right side of the winnings graph :) but then I've been dealt some nice hands and things turned out very nice for me since I've have won all the main hands. My red line of the graph is close to 0 but I'm not really concerned about it since I've watched the video "Saying good bye to chart poker' and the host showed the graph of a NL100 or NL200 player that had his red line all the way negative and yet he is still make as much money as the host with positive red line. So anyway if you guys want me to post or comment something specific just ask me and I will try to answer you question or post the needed info :)
  • 27 replies
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Deposited 40$ instead of 60$ will be enough i think :)
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      don't cashout in nl2-nl10 :D
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by slipkn6t
      Why not? :D
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rap1dw1n3r
      because by cashing out those $30-$150 you are delaying your growth by limits. And those $30-$150 are just not worth it. The less you cashout in micro limits, the sooner you skip them, the more money you make in the longterm.
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      because by cashing out those $30-$150 you are delaying your growth by limits. And those $30-$150 are just not worth it. The less you cashout in micro limits, the sooner you skip them, the more money you make in the longterm.
      Well yeh that does make sense but I think that this cashing out thing is kinda the safer way to make money. I mean One you cashed out twice you already will start making money and if you go on a down swing or run on a bad luck (like a do all the time) you will now loose any money since you have already cashed it out. And yeh it will take longer but I think after the first cash out of the 31$ it will be quite fast to reach the next limit. Because for starters currently I need to win 70$ profit, then for the next cash out i need to win only 41$ and for the next two 41$ and 42$ accordingly. And these amounts are not that hard to reach if you don't run into bad luck for the sake of making money :) Of course time will show if I will have the patience to grind all that money at micros because atm they seem impossible to beat. Of course bad luck for me play a role atm :D D Anyway I hope that I will be able to beat this curse called the micro limits :D
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Yeh micros are unbeatable... keep grinding winning small pots but loosing every all-in to fish that get lucky ;/
    • BustoTinker
      BustoTinker
      Bronze
      Doing mathematically good plays, and playing enough hands you see you have done very very good profit. Dont focus on the all in 60-40 loss, focus another hands in the session where you can have leak. Dont bluff, play abc and you will have nice profit. Every time you go all in like 60-40 against fish and fish wins, you still do profit. When you have been 100 times in that kind of all-in the result is that you have wonned that 60 times and lost 40 times. I believe micro stakes can be beated, and going to prove it! Mikro stakes profit can be huge, if you have enough skills and volume to play.

GL with your project. Focus on studying poker and analyze your plays.

The worst enemy in micro stakes are the player him self

GL, I will be following :f_thumbsup:
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      [IMG]https://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5465/1234ha.png[/img]

This is my current graph for NL2 and I;ve calculated that my avv all in eq in only about 44% so maybe thats why I loose so many all in situations. But atleast my non showdown winning look decent since it's way higher than my showdown :) what do you guys think?
    • BustoTinker
      BustoTinker
      Bronze
      I think you are not folding enough :s_biggrin:

only 2,4k hands, but we are talking about nl2 stakes and you have lost 18€. What is your VPIP/PFR?
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      VPIP: 22.2 PFR: 18.9 Doesn't look all that too high I think
    • BustoTinker
      BustoTinker
      Bronze
      It´s difficult to try give you very deeply opinion analys about you and your game through this forum but I try.

You can post some hands where you wasnt sure what to do and hands where you lost big pots.

Your VPIP/PFR seems good.

I believe you have leaks in your post flop games and folding hands.

EDIT. You can study your post flop game. Pokerstrategy.com offers many good learning opportunities. Watch other players game and how they fold their hands and why they fold? You need to think what hands opponents have? range them.
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.35
      BB:
      $5.56
      MP2:
      $2.66
      MP3:
      $4.10
      CO:
      $1.44
      BU (Hero):
      $1.64

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, K.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB folds, BB raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.61) 8, A, 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.61, Hero raises to $1.34, BB calls $0.73.

Turn: ($3.29) 5 (2 players)

River: ($3.29) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.29.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, aces(A K).
      BB shows a full-house, aces full of eights(8 A).

BB wins with a full-house, aces full of eights(8 A).

Play hand

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.00
      BB:
      $5.79
      MP2:
      $2.51
      MP3:
      $3.90
      CO:
      $1.65
      BU (Hero):
      $1.80

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, 8.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB raises to $0.10, BB folds, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.22) 6, 4, J (2 players)
      SB bets $0.11, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.33.

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $2.11
      BU (Hero):
      $2.22
      SB:
      $1.95
      BB:
      $1.69

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, K.
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB raises to $0.18, BB folds, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.38) T, 4, 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.21, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.38.

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $1.16
      SB:
      $1.29
      BB (Hero):
      $2.50
      CO:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
      CO raises to $0.06, BU calls $0.06, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, CO raises to $0.55, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.22) T, K, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.91, CO raises to $1.45, Hero calls $0.54.

Turn: ($4.12) 6 (2 players)

River: ($4.12) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.12.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(A K).
      CO shows a pair of aces(A A).

CO wins with a pair of aces(A A).

Play hand

Known players:
      MP2:
      $2.12
      MP3:
      $1.23
      CO:
      $2.49
      BU:
      $2.03
      SB (Hero):
      $2.82
      BB:
      $1.97

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.08, CO folds, BU calls $0.08, Hero calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.26) 6, A, 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.26) K (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, MP3 raises to $0.40, BU folds, Hero raises to $2.74, MP3 calls $0.75.

River: ($4.15) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.15.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and sixes(A J).
      MP3 shows a full-house, kings full of sixes(K K).

MP3 wins with a full-house, kings full of sixes(K K).

Here are some hands. The questionable hand for me was A8 hand. I re raised because the opponent was very agro (agro factor: 10.0) and I preserved his bet as weak since he would be c-betting this flop 100% is the time
    • lanopano
      lanopano
      Bronze
      Good luck to you! You should be up at NL10 in no time, just keep on reading articles and watch vids:)
      Don't worry 2000 hands say nothing. Just keep playing for value;)

I took a quick look at the hands, but it's quite difficult to think about them without knowing opponent's stats..
      In hand nr. 2 I wouldn't bluff (if we play against a fish) and in the last hand I'd just fold. Toppair is too weak on a drawheavy board where trips are possible and another player raises a bet from a third player..
    • BustoTinker
      BustoTinker
      Bronze
      Holdem doesnt have so big variance at nl2 stake. Your 18e loss are from leaks. Normally 2k doenst says nothing, but in this case it says.

First hand AK

I would do same as you did. He has many weaker Ax hands in his range.

Flop, I would snap too like you did.

Second hand A8o, marginal hand. Ok to fold villains mini 3bet. Suited I will be paying always. But call is well marginal

you are risking 30c to win 32c pot so if you believe villain fold on that kind of flop 50 % times you do profit. small pocket pairs will call you and AK maybe even AQ hand. And of course if villain has hit something on that flop. but ok bluff, you have little bit value with that Ax hand in showdown, but 2cards coming and villain can have AT type of hand that he folds now. So if you think villain is foldin 50 % time at least in that flop is reraise good. You can add your hud how many times your opponent do 2barrel. Villain is PFR, he do c-bet and gets called he bets in turn also.

Third hand. Hero has KQs.
      SB 3bets us, ok call. KQo would be fold. Ask questions is that villain 3betting with value hands or with something else too? Your hand is easy to dominated but we can have a look the flop we have position. But needs to be ready to fold if board will be Kxx type and villain is VERY, VERY aggro with his hand. That means you are not ahead and you should fold if you dont have FD at board.

hand nro 4. AKo you are from OOP when you call you just hope A or K in the flop, but that can kill the action from villain. I would be go all in with that in Pre-flop. I would be go PF all in becouse we are from OOP. It´s marginal sometimes there is smaller pair against like 99 or there can be monster like that AA (you block 1 A), or like AQs against. you are from OOP I would go all in in that situation. I would say that was cooler.

I would 3bet with your AJs hand from blinds. Fold when there comes 4bet.
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BustoTinker
      Holdem doesnt have so big variance at nl2 stake. Your 18e loss are from leaks. Normally 2k doenst says nothing, but in this case it says.

First hand AK

I would do same as you did. He has many weaker Ax hands in his range.

Flop, I would snap too like you did.

Second hand A8o, marginal hand. Ok to fold villains mini 3bet. Suited I will be paying always. But call is well marginal

you are risking 30c to win 32c pot so if you believe villain fold on that kind of flop 50 % times you do profit. small pocket pairs will call you and AK maybe even AQ hand. And of course if villain has hit something on that flop. but ok bluff, you have little bit value with that Ax hand in showdown, but 2cards coming and villain can have AT type of hand that he folds now. So if you think villain is foldin 50 % time at least in that flop is reraise good. You can add your hud how many times your opponent do 2barrel. Villain is PFR, he do c-bet and gets called he bets in turn also.

Third hand. Hero has KQs.
      SB 3bets us, ok call. KQo would be fold. Ask questions is that villain 3betting with value hands or with something else too? Your hand is easy to dominated but we can have a look the flop we have position. But needs to be ready to fold if board will be Kxx type and villain is VERY, VERY aggro with his hand. That means you are not ahead and you should fold if you dont have FD at board.

hand nro 4. AKo you are from OOP when you call you just hope A or K in the flop, but that can kill the action from villain. I would be go all in with that in Pre-flop. I would be go PF all in becouse we are from OOP. It´s marginal sometimes there is smaller pair against like 99 or there can be monster like that AA (you block 1 A), or like AQs against. you are from OOP I would go all in in that situation. I would say that was cooler.

I would 3bet with your AJs hand from blinds. Fold when there comes 4bet.
      Thank you very much. i will take you tips into thought process the next time I play :) This will not be today since I had some health problems earlier today so I will be resting for the rest of the day and maybe play some hands tomorrow. Thanks for helping me out a lot :) good luck at the tables :)
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      [IMG]https://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5465/1234ha.png[/img]
      Your red line is near zero, while the blue one keeps falling down.
      Think about it:
      If you are able to play non loosing poker without even going to showdown, just stealing blinds, isolating/cbetting limpers with any2, 3betting as pure bluff, etc. Then you are definitely able to play profitable poker if you add some hands for value.
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      This has been a little better day :) although I haven't played many hands today and lost a couple of all ins the loss of bankroll is only $1.02 :) )
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      I will start playing later today at NL2 shorthanded tables at party poker I think.
      there are no SH nl2 tables at party, only FR. I know that 100% because I play there :D
      So you play FR?
      edit: lol nevermind, I found the answer:
      P.S. Will be playing at Poker770 since Party doesn't have NL2 shorthanded tables :)
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Had a nice run today :) played for 40mins and gained $4.85 profit from teh session :) Current bankroll is now $30.33 :)