This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

when to move up a limit

• cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hey guys!
      I have only been on pokerstrategy for a few weeks. I got the starting capital, and decided I was going to try playing SnG's for the first time(always been a cash game player, showing no profit, but beating the rake atleast). I quickly relized I was loosing alot of money playing SnG's and quit. But since reading your articles I have gone back to playing cash games on another account, and wow!!

The articles are working a treat, over the last few days I am hitting roughly 25 bb/100, over a period of 7000 hands. This I have never had before. I am only playing .05 - .10 on four tables. I really am shocked. I am playing fairly good poker, without any complications of having to think to hard (now its a more simpler game I have been playing). Thankyou to you guys here for the info!!

Down to my question - If I have a large enough bank roll to move up a limit, how many hands would you recommed that I play on my current limit, before I move up?

Once again Thankyou for everything!

Stiev
  • 2 replies
    • gemgem69
      gemgem69
      Bronze
      they normally advise 10k dont they? I duno I used to play cash, for about 2hours lol, prolly didnt give it a chance, and thats what I remember. Sngs is defenetly where its happening cash seems so boring.
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      I think 10.000 hands are a solid basis to move up a limit if you got enough stacks for the next limit. I would recommened to move up with 25 stacks for the new limit if you play fullring and about 30-35 stacks if you play shorthanded.