MJPerry
      Bronze
      A good start would be our Basic and Bronze tournament videos:

Click here
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      98% experienced? :f_confused:

also what kinds of tournaments do you play pokerstars run a couple each day?

carl
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      also i've moved your thread to tournament discussion where i think it belongs and where you will hopefully get more help
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly

carl
      im playing the big 22, and things like that i just dont get far any tips?
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by philiveyfan
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly

carl
      im playing the big 22, and things like that i just dont get far any tips?
      Big $22 is a serious buyin, Are you following BRM? ;)

I'd suggest you start playing the Micro MTT's as you'll be able to play alot more, thus learn alot more from some mistakes, and it only cost the minimum!
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      You Wrote - "Im Playing the Big 22"

The big 22 Is a serious tournement , If your BRM follows it start with some Micro Tournments ( Buyins from 1 to 4.50) to improve your game and hopefully win as its a lot more soft :) .

Basic Tournement Strategy is simple , many begginers make the mistake of playing average hands if its not a turbo or hyper tournement you can easily be patient and wait for the QQs KKs and AAs and take them to value town, Also play position dont foget to pick up the blinds and use that button to your advantage!
    • Angstzweet
      Angstzweet
      Bronze
      Too much to tell in one post I guess.

Try reading some articles about online tournament poker.

Then on the other side MTT's could have massive losing streaks (even when you play perfect) so it's very likely you haven't come deep in a tournament yet because I assume you haven't made lot of volume.
    • XxMatadorExX
      XxMatadorExX
      Gold
      Originally posted by Angstzweet
      Too much to tell in one post I guess.

Try reading some articles about online tournament poker.

Then on the other side MTT's could have massive losing streaks (even when you play perfect) so it's very likely you haven't come deep in a tournament yet because I assume you haven't made lot of volume.
      +1
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      dont expect to get far with any of the "BIGS"

there variance infested and should only be played maybe once a week, if ur BR allows, just for fun.

Your going to get really angry and lose years off your life if you try to grind those
    • Vito992
      Vito992
      Bronze
      I'd recommend to read "Dan Harrington on hold'em"
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vito992
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Originally posted by brobz
      dont expect to get far with any of the "BIGS"

there variance infested and should only be played maybe once a week, if ur BR allows, just for fun.

Your going to get really angry and lose years off your life if you try to grind those
      That is wrong imo. IF you play these mass MTT's you should best play them regularly. The more you play the better it is. This is the only way to beat them longterm. If you have problems with your mindset you should consider quitting mtt's since ALL MTT's have a sick variance. If your bankroll is sufficient (>300 BI) these tournaments are a good way to earn money in the long run.

It's good for some fundamental concepts but overall it is outdated. So you shouldn't count on all concepts mentioned.
    • Vito992
      Vito992
      Bronze
      It's good for some fundamental concepts but overall it is outdated. So you shouldn't count on all concepts mentioned.[/quote]
      Of course you have to manage your own playing style. =)

Btw, why are you saying the it's outdated? And what would you recommend to read?
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Well - the book was written when online poker was in it's early beginnings (afaik in 2004). Since then the game evolved extremely and things that were quite common just 2 years ago aren't up to the current style of play. Harrington teaches some fundamental basics that are still good to know - but most plays are not up to date.

It's really hard to suggest a good book about mtt's. They are kinda rare and, even more important, the style that is being taught is outdated quite fast.
      I liked Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time Volume 1 and heart good things about the second part. So you might have a look at these. Their play is advanced and the content is best for mid to highstakes mtt's.
      I don't know any book for beginners that I would suggest. The most important things are covered in our strategy section as well as in our video section. So that might be a good idea as well.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Asaban
      Well - the book was written when online poker was in it's early beginnings (afaik in 2004). Since then the game evolved extremely and things that were quite common just 2 years ago aren't up to the current style of play. Harrington teaches some fundamental basics that are still good to know - but most plays are not up to date.

It's really hard to suggest a good book about mtt's. They are kinda rare and, even more important, the style that is being taught is outdated quite fast.
      I liked Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time Volume 1 and heart good things about the second part. So you might have a look at these. Their play is advanced and the content is best for mid to highstakes mtt's.
      I don't know any book for beginners that I would suggest. The most important things are covered in our strategy section as well as in our video section. So that might be a good idea as well.

Regards,
      Asaban
      Yeah those 1 hand at a time books are both really good. I guess the first thing to learn is good push/fold ranges with <15bb, next would be good 3bet shoving ranges but they are kind of similar to 3betting ranges in CG's anyway.

Don't worry, i'm sure if you're 98% good at cash games you're already at least 87-89% good at mtts

and be aware that at least 95% of mtts end in losing a flip, suckout or cooler preflop. it can be annoying
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      asaban ur my hero lol i learn alot from ur posts.... i love when u tell me im wrong

thanks alot brother...ur great seriously
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Glad that you like my posts. I will try to keep it up ;)

Regards,
      Asaban