I want to buy gold is it worth it

• 25 replies
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      I would prefer to play more poker and get gold.
    • RazDirk
      RazDirk
      Bronze
      It is worth buying, if you don't have any poker rooms linked with pokerstrategy
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze

I'd rather buy gold
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RazDirk
      It is worth buying, if you don't have any poker rooms linked with pokerstrategy

i'm looking to improve and learn more about tournys and plo will it show strategy or only these players playing?
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      there is a reason behind every rank. It means you are taking step by step without jumping into gold section while not having the basics. I would suggest you to play holdem before playing PLO. And i would suggest you putting your ranks theory into practice before moving to the next rank. For example there is a reason why "floating" is in Platinum..
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BoyRobot777
      there is a reason behind every rank. It means you are taking step by step without jumping into gold section while not having the basics. I would suggest you to play holdem before playing PLO. And i would suggest you putting your ranks theory into practice before moving to the next rank. For example there is a reason why "floating" is in Platinum..

I don't play cash game holdem period I suck at it really bad,
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by philiveyfan

I thought you were 98% experienced? :coolface:

Seriously though it depends you need to tell us more about where you are now in your game. You cant just say i want to get better at plo.

You want to get better than what? I mean do you play micro stakes as a beginner and want to learn the basics or do you play PLO1k and want to crush all the regs?

Have you watched and read all the plo material available to you as a bronze member? Why not play tracked and work your way up to gold then you don't have to "pay" as such.

Edit: also i moved your thread, just a tip for future GPD is what a poker forum is built around and saved for epic threads or threads that spark interesting debate amongst players. If you have a quick look through all the different forums you will find a place where you will get a quick informative answer ;)
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly

I thought you were 98% experienced? :coolface:

Seriously though it depends you need to tell us more about where you are now in your game. You cant just say i want to get better at plo.

You want to get better than what? I mean do you play micro stakes as a beginner and want to learn the basics or do you play PLO1k and want to crush all the regs?

Have you watched and read all the plo material available to you as a bronze member? Why not play tracked and work your way up to gold then you don't have to "pay" as such.

Edit: also i moved your thread, just a tip for future GPD is what a poker forum is built around and saved for epic threads or threads that spark interesting debate amongst players. If you have a quick look through all the different forums you will find a place where you will get a quick informative answer ;)

I will tell you a bit about my experience, I've been playing Holdem for about 5 years and I got no success in it.. I would say 97 percent of cash games. I don't have the best of bank rolls or bankroll managements, I've played as High as 5 10 and yes dollars.

The past year I've quite holdem cash game and sticked to plo which I see some success, I will be very honest..I got a sugar mama who takescare of me like gold lol I got a good 3000 saved. I want to learn to try to play sunday million and big 22 big 109, I don't like micro's at all. I know what you all going to say play small tournaments, my goal is to cash in 100 k 50 k and I got the bankroll for it as I'm well taken care of.but I want to be rich rich .
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      and you are going to fail fail fail cuz ur too cool for skool
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      External, GPD = General purpose datatypes?
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      are you trolling? :D

it means General Poker Discussion :f_p:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz

+1, one can never know in this place ;)
    • martinstids
      martinstids
      Bronze
      Proffit in high stakes is HARD AND LONG process. You cant just go and crush them all. If u hate microstakes, so answer a question. Why u play poker? For proffit? Then play mirostakes. For action in highstakes? So be ready to lose. Choose your way. All i just said is from my experience, i didnt crush even nanostakes, so i moved up for mikro and medium stakes mtt and cash and got busted pretty fast. Now im learning from my mistakes and im using BRM. Now im winning player and yes - winning or proffit poker is BOOORING. Beleave me. Just choose what u want - Proffit+booring or Loose + action. These are 2 general points for new poker players. Good luck on tables, dont crush ur mega 3k$ BR. U will regret it if u move to high stakes, im 100% sure

P.S. Sry for my english
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle

HAHA!! apologies, no trolling intended, I'd never heard the term GPD.so i stuck it into google and that was the first thing it came up with.

plus it was late and i was sleepy :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze

HAHA!! apologies, no trolling intended, I'd never heard the term GPD.so i stuck it into google and that was the first thing it came up with.

:f_biggrin: no worries.

and ty for the nice advice martinstids! :)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      For example there is a reason why "floating" is in Platinum..

I think it should be on silver, cause even at micros people float and we often don't know what to do.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze

Ah gxtwo! Didn't even see it was your post. Would have known you weren't trolling.

My bad :facepalm:
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze

Ah gxtwo! Didn't even see it was your post. Would have known you weren't trolling.

My bad :facepalm:
      Or was I? :coolface:

jokez :D
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I like watching the videos but doesn't seems like there showing strategy just more of playing, is it worth to buy gold. I want to learn how to play tournaments and better at plo
      The first time I got gold status, was during the Beginners Poker School.
      In order to do the course, I had to play a lot of hands. Luckily for me, Full Tilt was shut down a couple of weeks in, so I had to play at Party. I deposited enough so I could play NL10.

Because this was my own money, and because I was in the middle of daily intense study -- hand reviews, articles, coachings, videos etc -- I played NL10 very much "by the book". I did fairly well at NL10, at the end of the course, I was a bit shy of gold, so I took a shot at NL25, and lost 3 BI, but it was enough points to make gold.

I think it was worth it, since the material there has helped me stay gold, and make back my losses and more.

My advice:
      Take the Beginners Poker Course -- or whatever they call it now. It is the single best thing that Pokerstrategy has to offer (so far). The coach is unbelievably good, and it is strong motivation to put in lots of volume.

To make gold the easiest way, just play 5 $11 DoNs on Party each day for 20 days.
      You're gold. If you are in the money on more than 55 of them, your gold status is free.