Tracked and un-tracked accounts?

• surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      I have a Question that has probably been asked 1000 times before...sorry...
      I have an account at Pokerstars that was set up and I deposited some $$ well before I even knew of pokerstrategy.com.
      I can't have the account tracked by you so I will earn strategy points can I?
      Due to not being created through you?
      Basically how can I play at pokerstars and have my progress creating strategy points for me?
      Do I need to withdraw all the $$ and open a new account?
      It will be same name , address, phone, email ...
      Is this even possible?
      Has anyone done this before.?
      I kind of want to play at pokerstars due to the large volume of games/players there etc etc..and get strategy points.
      My pokerstars activity is virtually zero due to the no strategy points dis-incentive.
      Thanks for any help.
      Simon
      Peace
  • 6 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Simon,

I can't have the account tracked by you so I will earn strategy points can I?
      I'm very sorry but re-tracking accounts is not possible (especially not at PokerStars :D )

Due to not being created through you?
      In order for you to be track to PokerStrategy.com. you must create your account (and your only 1 account) through our promotion page

Basically how can I play at pokerstars and have my progress creating strategy points for me?
      You can't, I'm afraid.

Do I need to withdraw all the $$ and open a new account? It will be same name , address, phone, email ...
      No, this is strongly against T&C and we do not encourage our players to create multiple accounts.

Good news is that we can help you sign up to another poker room. Everyone loves PokerStars (and with good reasons) but you should give a try to other poker rooms too. For example, what is your limit? what type a game you play? How much is your bankroll? Are you looking for bonuses/freerolls/soft tables/rakeback?

We have also a huge amount of freerolls/free starting capital for you take part in :
      Exclusive Daily and Weekly Freerolls

Let me know and get you some help
      Ingrid
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Hello Ingrid,
      Thanks for the help
      Bummer regarding my Pokerstars account and strategy points.
      I wish I had found you guys earlier.
      I'm currently at 888poker and playing1c/2c FR NL.
      My BR=$98.80
      The steps at 888 are weird.
      Very few people play 3c/6c FR NL.
      Basically I need to step to 5c/10c at this site.
      Stars was a good avenue due to sooo many tables etc etc.
      So I'll probably stay at 888 and see how 5c/10c goes.
      My Pokerstars BR=$117 and it can sit for a while.
      My wife may want to open her own account there in the future...Never Know Hey.
      Thanks
      Simon
      Peace
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey Simon,

No problems, happy to help.

Is your 888 account tracked via PokerStrategy.com?

Ingrid
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Hi Ingrid,
      Yes my 888 account is tracked by pokerstrategy.com
      It's my main account for accumulating strategy points.
      I also have tracked accounts of Everest $35(rarely play there due to laggy software regularity) also Party Poker $0 (gone bust)...
      Oh and Full Tilt $55(no comment)
      My main focus is FR cash beyond 1c/2c
      888 has usually 3 tables only of 3c/6c but about 15 of 5c/10c.
      Thanks
      Simon
    • BrendanH
      BrendanH
      Bronze
      Hey Simon

I play the same limits as you and I tend to switch between PartyPoker and William Hill. Both have lots of action in FR in the micro-stakes.

William Hill is considered to be quite soft in the lower stakes plus you get 5 StrategyPoints for every $1 rake, so you will be able to climb the status system here more quickly. Plus there is a nice deposit bonus, if you wanted to transfer your bankroll from an existing account elsewhere.

The details about the different offers for PokerStrategists from the various rooms are available here.

Plus this thread where some better poker players (than me) :D are giving advice on how to choose the best room to suit your needs is worth checking out.

Good luck :s_cool:
      Brendan
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Thanks BrendanH,
      I'll look into your suggestions.
      Simon