New WC Rake on Pokerstars affects StrategyPoints earnings

• goldfishoo
      goldfishoo
      Black
      Hello,

Since the new rake system on Pokerstars it's harder to generate VPPs and the StrategyPoints are harder to accumulate. Is this something you have taken into consideration? We really have to work a lot more for the same privileges then a player playing on just about any other platform.

Pokerstars answered me regarding this issue that only PokerStrategy can do something about this. So, I am asking PokerStrategy now, any changes planned ?
  • 12 replies
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      I'm sry but LOL really? Just because you are playing tight and used to get rakeback from what other people raked, doesn't mean you deserve to get rakeback from other people's rake. I think the WC is a fair change, and i dont see why PS should change this

This is ofcourse my point of view, i don't get why people are so mad about the WC system.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      hahahaha
      entitlement mindset :f_thumbsup:
    • goldfishoo
      goldfishoo
      Black
      Originally posted by MathhNes
      I'm sry but LOL really? Just because you are playing tight and used to get rakeback from what other people raked, doesn't mean you deserve to get rakeback from other people's rake. I think the WC is a fair change, and i dont see why PS should change this

This is ofcourse my point of view, i don't get why people are so mad about the WC system.
      I am in the top5% of the loosest regulars at NL100

And you do realize what I'm asking, right?
      Higher SP / 1VPP.
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by goldfishoo
      I am in the top5% of the loosest players at NL100
      Then congratz on the extra SP and rakeback (as long as i understood the system right). You should be getting both more rakeback and more SP/hands now :)

And i realize what you are asking for.

Sorry for being a little rude here, i just don't get why everyone is so all over the place about the WC system
    • goldfishoo
      goldfishoo
      Black
      Even the loosest players at the limit have between 10-15% decrease. So you need another month in the year for the same goals from 2011.
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      Even the loosest players at the limit have between 10-15% decrease. So you need another month in the year for the same goals from 2011.
      Why is that?

VPPs = (your contribution to pot / total pot) * (rake collected * VPP multiplier)

I just dont see how the loosest player could get a decrease in their VPPs with above formula.....
    • goldfishoo
      goldfishoo
      Black
      Why is that?

VPPs = (your contribution to pot / total pot) * (rake collected * VPP multiplier)

I just dont see how the loosest player could get a decrease in their VPPs with above formula.....
      You can't play every pot. Before, you were getting VPPs for every single pot.
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      To come back to topic:

I don't think, that strategy will get more $/VPP from Stars. And on the base of $/VPP Pokerstrategy will give the users the Strategypoints. Theirfore you will not get more SPs.
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      Why is that?

You can't play every pot. Before, you were getting VPPs for every single pot.
      Yes but very significantly less. Anyways im almost certain that your VPP/hand should be higher with the WC system if the information you provided is true.
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Silver
      Try the new system for a nit (which I am) + VPP reduction because I'm from Belgium. I'll forever grind for Silver I'm afraid!
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NIVEKii
      Try the new system for a nit (which I am) + VPP reduction because I'm from Belgium. I'll forever grind for Silver I'm afraid!
      So because you are not reaping unfair advantages by playing tight you are not able to get gold? Sick!
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Silver
      Originally posted by NIVEKii
      So because you are not reaping unfair advantages by playing tight you are not able to get gold? Sick!

I know, right!