This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Ace King

• PaTaPaTaPoNn
      PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Bronze
      I was a cash game player at FTP, stopped playing for awhile when the site goes down, now coming back in Pokerstars micro SnG.

According to the starting hand chart, "If there is a re-raise behind you, you only continue on with AA, KK, QQ and AK and go directly all-in. You fold all
      other hands."

Through my experience, all in with AK after a re-raise behind me is not a good idea. So question is, should I follow the chart to go all-in?

Off topic: Can anyone feed me the news of FTP? I had been out of the scene for quite some time.
  • 3 replies
    • tomovermeers
      tomovermeers
      Basic
      lol@chart

I don't like to play big pot with ak in beginning of a stt.
    • CollinMoshman
      CollinMoshman
      Coach
      Coach
      Starting hand charts are just meant to be reasonable defaults. In a lot of low-stakes games you can profitably 4-bet and stack off with ace-king. But like any default, there are times when you should make a different play. E.g. Suppose UTG raises 3x, and a tight reg 3bets UTG+1. You should fold AK in this spot since UTG+1's range is extremely narrow and probably doesn't contain any worse unpaired hands.
    • PaTaPaTaPoNn
      PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Bronze
      Had been losing every single SnG recently.

Lost hand like AK vs KQ or higher pair lost to lower pair make me sick.