This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Jj

• allen82082
      allen82082
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3.9
      CO:
      $7.5

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:heart: , J:diamond:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.20, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BB folds, CO calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.30) A:heart: , 9:spade: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($1.30) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($3.30) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.4, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $3.30
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey Allen,

When I see a minraise steal , I mostly raise to 3.5x their raise. IN this case you face a big fish so you must raise bigger to get more value.

I don't understand why you don't cBet the Flop. I doubt you are going to showdown cheaply and win often enough so I turn my hand into a bluff by betting 70cents here

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • allen82082
      allen82082
      Bronze
      I don't understand why you don't cBet the Flop

I think A :heart: 9 :spade: 8 :heart: is a drawy boards.
      in article:
      There are two connected cards, and two cards of the same suit

:P Gerv,i also feel puzzled about CBet,can you help me?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Well you play against a guy who play a lot of hands so if you check, you just get steamrolled and you dont know what to do -> a clear -EV spot

So I just cBet here. Try to think more about situations rather than following the charts. The charts are a good basis but I give you loads of advice in how to play more profitable.

- Gerv