[NL20-NL50] NL 50 (Fr) pocket 88 oop

• Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      Ongame Network No-Limit , $0.50 BB (10 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|saw showdown

Hero ($51.40)
      UTG+2 ($64.55)
      MP1 ($33.35)
      MP2 ($49.35)
      MP3 ($90.40)
      CO ($51.05)
      Button ($94.25)
      SB ($48.75)
      BB ($39.70)
      UTG ($53.45)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8, 8.
      1 fold, Hero bets $2, 1 fold, MP1 calls $2, 2 folds, CO calls $2, 3 folds.

Flop: ($6.75) 6, 7, T (3 players)
      Hero bets $4, MP1 calls $4, CO folds.

Turn: ($14.75) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $8, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: $22.75

I know i was out of position in the hand, but i raised pre flop and try to take the pot down there, I did not hit my set, tried a c-bet and got called, when the king hit (scare card for myself and villan) thought ill fire again if i get called then evaluate the river and check / call or check fold..

was this correct play?
  • 3 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I know i was out of position in the hand, but i raised preflop and try to take the pot down there

for this purpose (taking the pot down there) there is CO and BU position) from UTG you raise for value or deception. the last doesn't make any sense on NL 50 FR, however, I think you can play for set value like that.

my opinion,

its not the perfect board to cbet, since the only hands you can represent are overpairs and Tset, however, it is not the worst one. CO will likely fold most of his range on such a board + you have gutshot outs

K on turn speaks for 2nd barrel

though i don't think it is necessary play for nl 50
    • Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      when i raised preflop i knew even if i get called i could ht my set, if not then evaluate the flop and take it from there..

I dont like calling a bet from that position and if i limped in and someone raises then i have to fold.. so by me raising myself most likely ill get called by

1: other small pocket pairs- suited connectors..
      2: get raised by AA - JJ / AK AQ (in this case its an easy fold)

maybe it was the wrong play as i just joined the table and this was only my third hand...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      The board is a little too coordinated to bet out on the flop.
      I would c/f.
      Turn is good scared card and you can fire second barrel. 8$ into 14,75$ pot seems a little weak and might get called by draw or higher pocket pair. If I decide to bet out I would make it 10$.