PS Points

• jjandellis
      jjandellis
      Bronze
      Hi

I joined today and am exploring options for getting PS points.

I can see that the common theme is x$ rake = x PS points

I normally play Stars and so am very familiar with the VPP. I also play other sites whereby rake is paid in loyalty points.

So I'm a little confused with the system you have. If, for example, I join 888 do I get $ rake towards PS points by playing MTT's - or am I only rewarded for grinding cash???
  • 4 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi jjandellis,

a warm welcome to our community! we are happy to have you join us.

as for the status points, as you already discovered, you earn them at different rates depending on the room. this link CLICKETY CLICKY FOR STATUS POINTS INFO explains the system and how many you get per room.

it doesn't matter what game you are playing, whether ring games or tournaments. as long as you are earning points there, you are also earning points here, so in essence, those points count twice (one for the room which you can spend however way you like depending on their vip system/store, and second for here which allows you to unlock educational material). so if your Stars account was tracked to PokerStrategy.com, you also get status points here for every VPP you get. your VPP/FPP's are in no way diminished and you can still use/spend them as you like.

i hope that was clear. :) if you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask.
      it is very important to track your account properly though by using our download links/codes. otherwise, you wont be properly tracked and you will not receive any points.

smiles,
      wendy
    • jjandellis
      jjandellis
      Bronze
      So can I apply for the $50 download, play that site (and obv collect PS points from there) AND link my Stars account later in order to gain PS points from that too??
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      yes and no :)

yes you can apply for the free $50 starting capital and earn points from there and if you choose to deposit, from an account you create in any other room using our download links/codes.

no you cannot earn points from accounts you didn't create through us (such as an old Stars account)
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jjandellis
      So can I apply for the $50 download, play that site (and obv collect PS points from there) AND link my Stars account later in order to gain PS points from that too??
      Hi jjandellis, hows it going? I've sent you a news CS ticket explaining PokerStars tracking requirements and our free $50 offer, please click here to view your ticket. :)