[NL2-NL10] 5nl fr KTs

• hardo
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, T.
      7 folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.4) 9, A, Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.4) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, SB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.25.

River: ($1.4) J (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $2.60, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.8.
      Same vilan,155 hands 84/5/AF:1,9,FTCB 24,C/R ON TURN 33(12)
      What do you think\
      Thank you!
  • 3 replies
    • maheepsangari

I feel a C-Bet was in line at the flop. You had the highest flush-draw and a gut-shot straight draw so goal should have been to increase the pot size.

On the turn I guess you should have 3-Bet . The board was very drawy and he would play with a high club like Q :club: or a made flush. Besides if he was bluffing with his min raise you perhaps couldn't expect him to pay anymore. SO he had to have something and you should have made him pay for it.

On the river I suppose you raised so high because you though your hand deserved more action. $2.60 in a $1.80 pot leaves him no equity and there is no way he's gonna call that. The river bet was too high to extract anything.

Lets see what Veriz has to say about it.
    • hardo

Yes the c bet was obvious it was a miss click from my side i was going for a 75/80% c-bet!His min raise there are pretty much bluffs or strong hand!Well i beat everthing on that board and i just call to keep his bluffs in!And if he has a ''monster''he will overbet the river anyway!And i thoth he will bet the river a bit bigger so i will have a normal raise/ship there,normaly i would go for a 1$ raise something like that but in this case he is calling with any A so that's why i go for max value!!That was my thinking there!
      Thank yo for the comment!
    • veriz
      Hello hardo,

Perfect slop to CB with your nutFD+GS and of course fold equity. :)

But otherwise you can as well just 3bet it right on the turn to build up the pot, he is kind of passive and seems that he has some kind of hand which wants to pay us. And we obviously want to play for the stacks.

Best Regards.