When everything seems to go against you

• fractalsonfire
      fractalsonfire
      Bronze
      Bad beats, suck outs, big hands rarely paying off. How do people deal with this? In general i'm playing the same as i normally would but lately ive just been hammered hand after hand. Doesn't seem like i can catch a break.

I feel like just giving up completely. I've lost all my winnings and i'm slightly down on my original deposit. I feel like cutting my losses and running. Its a shame cause i do enjoy it, when i don't have the worst luck in the world.
  • 6 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      When I'm doing bad, I close the tables and hit the strategy section, video section, evaluate and post my hands.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      What I did for a long time was tilt really badly and lose 3x as much as I should...

The thing that really helped me and I've read a couple of other players do it is to take a couple of days off, purge the hands from my database and start again. Since I've started doing this it is amazing how much I've managed to reduce the severity of my downswings.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I'd suggest you post the hands which are getting you down.

If the Hand Reviewer comes back and says you played it right, then you have nothing to beat yourself up about! As long as you're following BRM, you should be able to handle the Variance.

On the other hand, if it comes back you played them wrong and should have got away, you know where you need to improve!

Its a Win/Win situation :)

I have the Stop-Loss Strategy in place for myself and find it works very well! I'd suggest you give it a go if Tilt is effecting your game at all because of the constant bad beats.

Also take a read of this article How can you protect your money from Tilt?

Best of luck!
    • noisecore
      noisecore
      Bronze
      If I feel like I'm playing well and just having a bad/cold run I generally just keep playing and focussing.

If I feel like I'm getting owned just because I play poorly I just instaquit, don't even bother blinding out then.
    • fractalsonfire
      fractalsonfire
      Bronze
      ok thanks for the feedback guys, guess i might as well take another break for a day or two again.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noisecore

If I feel like I'm getting owned just because I play poorly I just instaquit, don't even bother blinding out then.
      I do the exact same :D