Omaha PLO, Very aggresive

• Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      So from time to time i dip in to Omaha games, I always get these Maniacs who will bet POT on every street and most players just fold to it. How do you beat these players i'll give you some Examples

Your holding say AA and hes doing his Regular raising pot, You call and the board is very draw heavy ,He bets pot again , What do you do here? Call and then the card for the draw comes for him to Bluff with making you fold?. I mean a player Could easily have two pair in omaha..

Second Example you have 6(d)5(d)7(H)8(H)

He raises , You call.

Board comes 5(D)9(H)K(C) Here you have a the straight draw however hes raising pot And your not exactly pot Odds to call to try hit your straight, you put him on nothing however even a K in his hand Beats you at the moment and if you call the Huge Flop bet your knowing your going to be faced with another Pot bet on the turn without hitting your turn cards your screwed? Obviously Implied odds are huge with these players but still i do embarrisly fail against these "Maniac" players.
  • 12 replies
    • ClimaxingWalrus
      ClimaxingWalrus
      Bronze
      Play hands that flop well and play in position. (Basically any hand without a pair, danglers also suck.. QJT3 for example is 6x less likely to flop a wrap than QTJ9). Stay away from bad kings also esp. OOP. Basically if u have a high pair against these people you might have the best hand but you'll be lucky if u get to showdown and rundown type hands allow you to continue in the hand and realize your equity.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      QQ in plo is total crap
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ClimaxingWalrus
      Play hands that flop well and play in position. (Basically any hand without a pair, danglers also suck.. QJT3 for example is 6x less likely to flop a wrap than QTJ9). Stay away from bad kings also esp. OOP. Basically if u have a high pair against these people you might have the best hand but you'll be lucky if u get to showdown and rundown type hands allow you to continue in the hand and realize your equity.
      Thanks for the reply.

Should i Re-raise With either of these hands?

I mean if I have Aces there I know its correct to raise, but if i reraise then i know hes either calling or Raising again and then comes the flop where he could of easily hit something better and ill be facing a huge bet.
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phantommm92
      QQ in plo is total crap
      I meant AA sorrry, I've Re-Edited it.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      QQ in plo is total crap
      Not entirely true.. since most people suck and play any pair in plo, its good to see multiway pots with queens to try to overset people.
    • adamall
      adamall
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Xeonz123

Your holding say AA and hes doing his Regular raising pot, You call and the board is very draw heavy ,He bets pot again , What do you do here? Call and then the card for the draw comes for him to Bluff with making you fold?. I mean a player Could easily have two pair in omaha..
      Here I would just fold the flop, if you are playing a hand like this against this kind of player you are just looking to flop a set and that is all. You can do the same with KKxx and QQxx as well.

He raises , You call.

Board comes 5(D)9(H)K(C) Here you have a the straight draw however hes raising pot And your not exactly pot Odds to call to try hit your straight, you put him on nothing however even a K in his hand Beats you at the moment and if you call the Huge Flop bet your knowing your going to be faced with another Pot bet on the turn without hitting your turn cards your screwed? Obviously Implied odds are huge with these players but still i do embarrisly fail against these "Maniac" players.
      With this last part, you can 3bet get it in with these kind of hands against someone playing 80/70 +

You actually have a really premium hand with any sort of medium rundown double suited.

I do prefer to limp and stack off on the kind of flops you have illustrated here.
      Your actually a pretty big favorite against his range here (even KKxx).

You have a lot more outs then you think, you have 2pair outs, all of the straight outs plus 2 BDFD outs, which actually count for more than you think.

My advice to you would be to go and do a lot of equity calculations to give you an idea of where u stand in the hand. With omaha, you will realise in a lot of situations you will have a lot more or alot less equity than you initially tought.

here is the link to our omaha equity calculator (its free :D )

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/14/

Adz
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adamall

Here I would just fold the flop, if you are playing a hand like this against this kind of player you are just looking to flop a set and that is all. You can do the same with KKxx and QQxx as well.

He raises , You call.

With this last part, you can 3bet get it in with these kind of hands against someone playing 80/70 +

You actually have a really premium hand with any sort of medium rundown double suited.

I do prefer to limp and stack off on the kind of flops you have illustrated here.
      Your actually a pretty big favorite against his range here (even KKxx).

You have a lot more outs then you think, you have 2pair outs, all of the straight outs plus 2 BDFD outs, which actually count for more than you think.

My advice to you would be to go and do a lot of equity calculations to give you an idea of where u stand in the hand. With omaha, you will realise in a lot of situations you will have a lot more or alot less equity than you initially tought.

here is the link to our omaha equity calculator (its free :D )

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/14/

Adz
      Thanks man , Helped Alot :)
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      QQ in plo is total crap
      Not entirely true.. since most people suck and play any pair in plo, its good to see multiway pots with queens to try to overset people.
      imo bad QQ in plo is like 22-33 in holdem, no set no bet
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      QQ in plo is total crap
      imo bad QQ in plo is like 22-33 in holdem, no set no bet
      Of course ;)
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I was gonna go deep into your examples, but its a bit too long winded. I'l just say this much:

we make our money from maniacs in PLO by having:

-the nut straight + redraws. flush draws are important.

- 3betting double suited AA hands pre ( and premium KK, like KKQJds) for at least 45% of your stack < vs maniacs> (Flat otherwise, and try to flop well).

- hitting good raps with flush draw potential, esp double flush draws.
      nice thing about this is, the redraw to the fullhouse can be monstrous.
    • angeleskarl0098
      angeleskarl0098
      Basic
      I am trying to understand the content of this thread, however, I don't play Omaha, but this seems interesting too, I only play Texas Hold'em, can you tell me what exactly the difference of this two game cards? And what is this PLO?
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by angeleskarl0098
      I am trying to understand the content of this thread, however, I don't play Omaha, but this seems interesting too, I only play Texas Hold'em, can you tell me what exactly the difference of this two game cards? And what is this PLO?
      PLO = Pot Limit Omaha.

You're dealt 4 cards cards instead of 2. But you can only use 2 out of them 4 to create your hand.

Check out This Article for the Rules.
      There are also 4 more Basic+ Articles Here