Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has K:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.05, 2 players) 6:diamond: 3:club: K:club:
      Hero bets $0.03, UTG+1 calls $0.03

Turn: ($0.11, 2 players) K:heart:
      Hero bets $0.08, UTG+1 calls $0.08

River: ($0.27, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.19, UTG+1 raises to $1.60, Hero calls $1.41

UTG+1 shows 8:club: 8:spade: (Full House, Eights full of Kings) (PreFlop 51%, Flop 13%, Turn 5%)
      Hero mucks K:diamond: Q:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Kings) (PreFlop 49%, Flop 87%, Turn 95%)
      UTG+1 wins $3.30

The villain is a half calling station (pre-flop) half maniac (post-flop). Play with almost everything and often make very serius overbet/raise with nothing. This is why I thought the call is a good idea.
  • 6 replies
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Unless you've seen him limp with big hands like AK AA etc you have no reason to thing that you are beat here on the turn. But the river changes the villains actions. He called you flop and turn and now all of the sudden he is shoving you on a what looks like to be a blank. But there is a but :D I'm playing NL2 atm and I've noticed and I have heard in one of the videos that at micros if you encounter check check raise this indicates a huge amount of strength. Taking that into consideration I would really think about folding here because this re raise screams a full house. Either he had a set on flop( Trust me NL2 players slow play a lot) or that 8 helped him complete something like K8s is definitely in the hand range of loose micro players because they can often play a lot of weak kings aces etc. With this type of player I would bet at least a pot sized bet every street because if he plays a lot of hands and is maniacish he will pay you off. Always when facing limping players I would be very careful when facing a huge bet from a limping player all of the sudden. Some kind of example would be you get AA pf there is 1 or 2 limpers you raise the standard amount which would be 6BB in this spot and the flop comes something like 7h8c9c and you get a donk bet or a re-raise if you decide to cbet(which you shouldn't) And in this spot it's better to fold you AA and wait for a better spot because limping players love these types of hands like 78s 89s 10Js etc and this board struct. hits their range a lot. Of course if you have some reads on your opponent you can make decisions accordingly. But over all I would lean to fold at the river spot. Yeh it sucks but you should wait for a better spot for you trips to pay off.

I'm not a hand judge or really a pro but I hope that this helps you and I hope that the hand judge will agree with my thoughts.
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rap1dw1n3r
      Unless you've seen him limp with big hands like AK AA etc.
      Actualy he limped with everything VPIP>70% PFR=0%
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jeszkar
      Originally posted by rap1dw1n3r
      Unless you've seen him limp with big hands like AK AA etc.
      Actualy he limped with everything VPIP>70% PFR=0%
      In that case you should even be aware of hands like AKo AKs. But lets wait for the judge to evaluate the hand and see what he thinks of the situation :) But still I don't think that he would limp AK in this spot since what i've observed from the NL2 is that people always want to get value from their strong hands. Over the last few days playing NL2 I have only met like 1-2 people that limped hands like JJ+ etc. from the other players comes a raise. But I still think that check check all-in spot is a clear indicator or super monster :) in this spot full house.

Gonna go to bed now will read this post in the morning hopefully it will be evaluated by a judge and we will see if I had the right thought process or if I was wrong. Plus I would advise not to follow stats blindly on this limit. Simply because people don't know what they are doing at all. One time they can make one move in one situation and on the other time they will play that situation in a completely different way :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jeszkar,

Preflop: The hand is strong enough to even raise it here vs his limp. :)

As played
      Postflop: You haven't even invested that much into the pot to risk with so much money there. I don't like that much the huge Call thing. If he really had Kx why didn't he raise earlier and protect even his hand? I would be towards Bet/Folding it. It's usually the nuts which is FH here rather than a lot weaker hand.

Best Regards.
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      I said he made a lot of serius over-raise, over-bet with nothing. He could do this with 2 spade.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by jeszkar
      I said he made a lot of serius over-raise, over-bet with nothing. He could do this with 2 spade.
      How many hands you had on him? Doubt that he is raising in that spot as bluff. :P Value mostly, at least Kx.