This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] All-in as C-bet

• MoneyDearest
      MoneyDearest
      Bronze
      Is it correct to go all-in as a c-bet, when all-in means 2/3's the pot?

I think the MSS article says this is correct against exactly one opponent. I was against two, so I guess I was wrong for this reason?

Would it have been the correct move if there was only one opponet?

I guess all the action before the flop shows that they have something they don't want to fold, even to c-bet? So, does this mean it is a bad call, or is it justified with pot odds and a back door flush draw with two overcards?

Here is the hand:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $7.65
      BB (Hero):
      $1.60
      UTG2:
      $1.56
      MP1:
      $6.01
      MP2:
      $5.01
      MP3:
      $4.20
      CO:
      $7.53
      BU:
      $5.10

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.15, MP3 calls $0.15, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, MP2 calls $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.37) T, 9, 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.15, MP2 calls $1.15, MP3 calls $1.15.

Turn: ($4.82) 3 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $3.41, MP3 calls $2.60(All-In).

River: ($10.83) 6 (3 players)

Final Pot: $10.83.

Results follow
      :MP2 shows a pair of queens(Q Q).Hero shows high card ace(K A).MP3 shows three of a kind, threes(3 3).MP3 wins with three of a kind, threes(3 3).
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello MoneyDearest,

I would be reraising bigger preflop. I mostly do 3x when there is only the raiser & you. If there is a caller, I mostly add 1 in the multiplication so 4times. That means I reraise to 60cents here

With that said, assuming a HU pot. We will have a pot of approx $1.25 while your stack is around a dollar. That way you can comfortably shove

As played. We are 3way with a trash hand. That said we have to give up here because we are often way behind here

Best regards,
      Gerv