[NL2-NL10] All-in as C-bet

• MoneyDearest
      Is it correct to go all-in as a c-bet, when all-in means 2/3's the pot?

I think the MSS article says this is correct against exactly one opponent. I was against two, so I guess I was wrong for this reason?

Would it have been the correct move if there was only one opponet?

I guess all the action before the flop shows that they have something they don't want to fold, even to c-bet? So, does this mean it is a bad call, or is it justified with pot odds and a back door flush draw with two overcards?

Here is the hand:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.15, MP3 calls $0.15, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, MP2 calls $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.37) T, 9, 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.15, MP2 calls $1.15, MP3 calls $1.15.

Turn: ($4.82) 3 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $3.41, MP3 calls $2.60(All-In).

River: ($10.83) 6 (3 players)

Final Pot: $10.83.

Results follow
      :MP2 shows a pair of queens(Q Q).Hero shows high card ace(K A).MP3 shows three of a kind, threes(3 3).MP3 wins with three of a kind, threes(3 3).
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Hello MoneyDearest,

I would be reraising bigger preflop. I mostly do 3x when there is only the raiser & you. If there is a caller, I mostly add 1 in the multiplication so 4times. That means I reraise to 60cents here

With that said, assuming a HU pot. We will have a pot of approx $1.25 while your stack is around a dollar. That way you can comfortably shove

As played. We are 3way with a trash hand. That said we have to give up here because we are often way behind here

Best regards,