FLOP ($0.30) 3:heart: 9:spade: T:heart:

Hero bets $0.22, CO calls $0.22

TURN ($0.74) 3:heart: 9:spade: T:heart: J:diamond:

Hero bets $0.55, CO calls $0.55

RIVER ($1.84) 3:heart: 9:spade: T:heart: J:diamond: 8:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.32, Hero folds

CO wins $1.75

unknown
      I donk flop because I need to protect and hes not likely cbeting this board
      whats your play at river?
  • 4 replies
    • Slurpee
      Slurpee
      Bronze
      i would prob check/fold as played since hes obv drawing.

lots of hands he could play on the flop/turn but on the river he wouldnt bet a missed FD so i would assume he hit the draw. depending on opponent if hes a solid reg i would go as played but might put a little block bet on the river against donk who might be playing a FD instead of any real combo draw
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello xero100,

Well, I still expect him to CB such a board with any draw and maybe even overcards and of course any pair. So without information I would rather go for Check/Raise.

But as played kind of dumb spot on the river, only possibility would be to block-bet/Fold and which I would tend to do more often while there are some missed FDs even. But of course Check/Folding directly ain't wrong either, just the passive approach vs unknown.

Best Regards.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello xero100,

Well, I still expect him to CB such a board with any draw and maybe even overcards and of course any pair. So without information I would rather go for Check/Raise.

But as played kind of dumb spot on the river, only possibility would be to block-bet/Fold and which I would tend to do more often while there are some missed FDs even. But of course Check/Folding directly ain't wrong either, just the passive approach vs unknown.

Best Regards.
      Why would you blockbet/fold on this board? He is never bluffing here and by blockbeting we are folding out the hands that would check back anyway.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Why would you blockbet/fold on this board?

To avoid him taking stabs with missed FDs into us since he is unknown. I expect him still to have some kind of combos which we still may even beat, even 89/JT and maybe even some Jx hands for FDs or whatsoever which may level themselves to Call with those hands vs small block-bets.

He is never bluffing here and by blockbeting we are folding out the hands that would check back anyway.

Why do you think he is never bluffing here? It's a perfect spot for him to bluff his hands and which most of the opponents would do, even passive ones seeing weakness in our Check on the river. I would definitely Bet myself with missed draw there, may even turn any kind of made hand into bluff like 9x or whatsoever.