This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl4 TT river spot

• xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.94)
      Hero ($4)
      UTG ($1.43)
      CO ($4.59)
      BTN ($5.81)

Dealt to Hero T:club: T:spade:

fold, CO raises to $0.14, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.30) 3:heart: 9:spade: T:heart:

Hero bets $0.22, CO calls $0.22

TURN ($0.74) 3:heart: 9:spade: T:heart: J:diamond:

Hero bets $0.55, CO calls $0.55

RIVER ($1.84) 3:heart: 9:spade: T:heart: J:diamond: 8:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.32, Hero folds

CO wins $1.75

unknown
      I donk flop because I need to protect and hes not likely cbeting this board
      whats your play at river?
  • 4 replies
    • Slurpee
      Slurpee
      Bronze
      i would prob check/fold as played since hes obv drawing.

lots of hands he could play on the flop/turn but on the river he wouldnt bet a missed FD so i would assume he hit the draw. depending on opponent if hes a solid reg i would go as played but might put a little block bet on the river against donk who might be playing a FD instead of any real combo draw
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello xero100,

Well, I still expect him to CB such a board with any draw and maybe even overcards and of course any pair. So without information I would rather go for Check/Raise.

But as played kind of dumb spot on the river, only possibility would be to block-bet/Fold and which I would tend to do more often while there are some missed FDs even. But of course Check/Folding directly ain't wrong either, just the passive approach vs unknown.

Best Regards.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello xero100,

Well, I still expect him to CB such a board with any draw and maybe even overcards and of course any pair. So without information I would rather go for Check/Raise.

But as played kind of dumb spot on the river, only possibility would be to block-bet/Fold and which I would tend to do more often while there are some missed FDs even. But of course Check/Folding directly ain't wrong either, just the passive approach vs unknown.

Best Regards.
      Why would you blockbet/fold on this board? He is never bluffing here and by blockbeting we are folding out the hands that would check back anyway.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Why would you blockbet/fold on this board?

To avoid him taking stabs with missed FDs into us since he is unknown. I expect him still to have some kind of combos which we still may even beat, even 89/JT and maybe even some Jx hands for FDs or whatsoever which may level themselves to Call with those hands vs small block-bets.

He is never bluffing here and by blockbeting we are folding out the hands that would check back anyway.

Why do you think he is never bluffing here? It's a perfect spot for him to bluff his hands and which most of the opponents would do, even passive ones seeing weakness in our Check on the river. I would definitely Bet myself with missed draw there, may even turn any kind of made hand into bluff like 9x or whatsoever.