SSS and FTP

• punta
      punta
      Bronze
      I am struggling on full tilt with SSS. I find the players very tight and when I raise they seem to fold + a few bad beats of course

My results to date playing by the book on FT- a few cock ups by me when in the BB and free playing - BUT not that many

1260 hands - loss of $19 is this just the way it goes sometimes

Other sites I seem to do OK with it. What have other people found FTP like with the short stack ? I play 2/3 tables most of the time, should I drop down to just one.

Views please.

Paul
  • 14 replies
    • blazerkid57
      blazerkid57
      Global
      I also found trouble with Full Tilt and the SSS. Either you get no callers or too many callers. The most important part is to stick to the strategy. If you aren't sticking to the strategy 100% its hard to make a profit. Treat the SSS good and the strategy will treat you good! :tongue:
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      i suppose you play nl10 sss ? so you are 9-10 stacks down which is absolutely normal when you are playing sss. so most likely you were just a bit unlucky (1260 hands is nothing). nevertheless you should maybe reread the articles, post hands and visit some coachings/watch some videos

btw: you are the first one who says that ftp is too tight ^^
      and which daytime do you normally play ? :)
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      FTP IS tight..
      He is not the first one, neither the last one to say it.
      From my personal experience, mansion, titan, party, stars, cardoza, absolute, ultimate and cd poker rooms i can say that FTP is the tightest at the lower limits especially , NL10 to NL50....that makes it not very profitable with the SSS, as your premium hands get called mostly by other premium hands, and its up to a coinflip or worse.On the other hand, FTP has the best item store, rakeback offer , nice bonuses and the iron man challenge, making it one of the best sites for a serious player....
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      FTP IS tight..
      He is not the first one, neither the last one to say it.
      From my personal experience, mansion, titan, party, stars, cardoza, absolute, ultimate and cd poker rooms i can say that FTP is the tightest at the lower limits especially , NL10 to NL50....that makes it not very profitable with the SSS, as your premium hands get called mostly by other premium hands, and its up to a coinflip or worse.On the other hand, FTP has the best item store, rakeback offer , nice bonuses and the iron man challenge, making it one of the best sites for a serious player....
      I AGREE!
    • KeKNoRRiS
      KeKNoRRiS
      Bronze
      From my experience (which isnt a lot atm! just 2000 hands at nl25) full tilt isn't tight at all.. Allmost ALL of my premium hands got action, big blinds just wont seem to give up their blinds.. I'm finding it too loose at times, no room for making steals, which sucks when you are card dead for a while..

Overall I think FTP is one of the looser nl25 rooms, maybe because they deal with less SSS players there and dont suspect you to be holding premiums when you are raising?

One of the other things I noticed is that they gladly call your all in on the flop "because he has so little left anyway"

Have to say I love FTP so far, making nice and steady profit, slowly unlocking my bonus :)
    • Funky12
      Funky12
      Bronze
      Started yesterday .10NL on Mansion with SSS. Im up $43 playing 3-4 tables at a time for about 4 hours.
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Nice going funky - I got $3.00 back early this evening. Hope I can do as well as you. Off to play for a hour or so now. May the cards be with me :D

Just gonna grind away for another 1000 hands and then see where I am.

Thanks for the comments guys - appreciated.

paul
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      playing 2/3 tables you will be grinding a decade or so) concentrate on the things that are important, like developing multitabling skills.

it doesn't matter where to play on NL 10, players are awful everywhere...
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      playing 2/3 tables you will be grinding a decade or so) concentrate on the things that are important, like developing multitabling skills.

it doesn't matter where to play on NL 10, players are awful everywhere...
      I cant beat 2/3 tables, so any more and i would be in panic mode - lost last night. Bad beat after bad beat -$20 now :evil:

I just hate FT it looks like it is going to be my unlucky card room, as I do well on most of the others.

The tables i played last night was full of players with VPIP of under 15 - now i am no expert but that looks bloody tight to me. All they seem to play is big over cards and then get lucky on the flop when the odds are against them. KK lost twice for me last night with a A on the board after the flop - I new I was beatan but the SSS rules say - ALL IN if the pot is twice as big as your stack - so in i went and of couse I lost.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      even if you end up losing you'll be getting lots of rakeback if you grind enough hands :) so don't worry about the results too much, just try to improve. ( assuming you're getting rakeback )
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Thanks Kruppe,

Will it get paid back to me - I signed up from this site so will I get rake back ?
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      man full tilt isn't that tight. It is definitely not tighter than pokerstars. I wonder who you are playing against. Since I have joined I found people betting pot size right after the flop, and usually on stars people bet around 4 cents in a $1 pot!!
    • JoshJandy
      JoshJandy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arjun2001
      man full tilt isn't that tight. It is definitely not tighter than pokerstars. I wonder who you are playing against. Since I have joined I found people betting pot size right after the flop, and usually on stars people bet around 4 cents in a $1 pot!!
      sounds like a perfect place to get odds on draws ^^
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      $35 LOST..............I SUCK AT SSS FT POKER X(

Time to change card rooms I think