This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Clearing the bonus playing 5PLO

• MikeAK47
      MikeAK47
      Bronze
      Hi, I'm going to give Omaha a shot.

Will deposit $250 to give me a bankroll at PLO5.

How much of the bonus will I be able to work off in the time allowed?

What would the bonus rakeback percentage be?

Bonuses should be 40% rakeback+ or they're not worth a carrot.

Should I deposit $500 instead and play PLO10? Please bear in mind that I'm a beginner with a DC membership and have read and studied Hwang's first book.
  • 3 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      PLO5 and PLO10 aren't that different from my (limited) experience. Plus the rake on PLO5 is astronomically high even compared to PLO10. If you can afford to deposit $500 then do it and play PLO10, the bonus clears a lot quicker, seems to be $10 bonus cleared per 1k hands on PLO10 or something, and judging by the (estimated) rake of 20bb/100 on PLO10, that means we rake $20 per 1k hands to clear a $10 bonus, so 50%.

Haven't got HEM open to look up the exact figures atm, so it's an estimate but definitely not far from the truth.

Oh, and stay the hell away from my tables! :s_evil:

EDIT: On second thoughts, ignore that post. I believe it is 1k hands of PLO20 to release $10 bonus, which puts it at 25% rakeback.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      For cash you get about ~25% Iron and ~30% as Bronze when clearing the bonus. That's what I was getting at PLO20. The higher the level the bigger RB% your FDB is.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thanks for the assist here guys :)