• 3 replies
    • veriz
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck donnner,

Hopefully you will enjoy around here. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, we will be around for you. Meanwhile good luck on tables, we will be waiting for your homework.

You can now start with your 1st Lesson:
      Lesson #1

The whole course plan:
      Overview of Beginners Course

Best Regards.
    • donnner
      Lesson 1 homework:

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? (Be as vague or specific as you want with this one, but try to think of all the reasons and elaborate on them.)
      Answer 1: My motivation for playing poker is to make money from it. I would like to play once in a big tournament.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?(What are the mistakes you know you are making during your games? Are you playing while you're tired? Are you tilting easily? Want to see the showdown too much? Write down as many as you think are affecting you.)
      Answer 1: My weaknesses:
      :diamond: Sometimes I play too passive.
      :diamond: I want to see the showdown too much.
      :diamond: I can’t calculate odds.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive? (Describe in your own words what playing tight aggressive is and why does it work.)
      Answer 1: Tight means that you play selected cards. You will only play with the hands that have a good potential to win the pot. There also some hands, however, that look strong, but aren’t. When you have a good hand worth playing he plays them aggressively.
    • veriz
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Playing too passive on those smaller stakes isn't a huge leak cause you will rarely have much fold equity anyways against very loose opponents. So don't worry about that so much. You will with time get more secure and will most likely start playing a bit more aggressive.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

We will have different kind of math lectures here so don't worry about the calculations. Post some hands and we can try to calculate some of the odds or equity stuff. :) But do post them into Hand Evaluation forums.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.