[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL10 Ah8h

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      [converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $7.91 (79.1 bb)
      UTG: $22.03 (220.3 bb)
      MP: $5.75 (57.5 bb)
      Hero (CO): $11.96 (119.6 bb)
      BTN: $10 (100 bb)
      SB: $43.44 (434.4 bb)

villain 20/15/75FT3b/17WTS/75FTCbet

i think its standard 3bet spot w/ blocker, position. if villain calls i think hes folding a lot to cbets.
      when i get c/raised i gave him a fairly tight range, so standard c/f? i think im only ever 2:1 at best against his range

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: 8:heart:
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.95, 3 folds, MP calls $0.65

Flop: ($2.05) 2:heart: Q:club: 5:heart: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $1.30, MP raises to $4.80 and is all-in, Hero?
  • 4 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      You should be priced into call here. Villian seems like a pokerstrategy mid stack, so I imagine he is mainly playing jam or fold pre. If he calls I am very suprised, and assume he is trying to trap me with a big pair. I therefore check back the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dannywratten,

Always try posting also hands sample, without it there is no point to take a look even at the stats.

Preflop: Nah, I am not a huge fan of 3betting vs even not a full stack. Who rather looks loos and we will rarely have much fold equity. Most likely you didn't have enough of hands on him either.

As played
      Postflop: If you are CBetting here then obviously we ain't gonna fold for the given equity we get with our FD+overcard. But the question is if we should even Bet here? We ain't gonna gain much fold equity anyways here even vs something like TT here. Might be better idea just to Check behind, but not again you made a mistake preflop and we shouldn't be talking about postflop. :P

Best Regards.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Ok thanks, disregarding preflop mistake, what do you think his c/shove range looks like? Do u think he is capable of doing it with 99-jj type hands? Or a bare ace? Or do you think more along the lines of strong hands, like sets/overpairs. Also i think sample was ~40 hands, so fairly unknown, thanks :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dannywratten
      Ok thanks, disregarding preflop mistake, what do you think his c/shove range looks like? Do u think he is capable of doing it with 99-jj type hands? Or a bare ace? Or do you think more along the lines of strong hands, like sets/overpairs. Also i think sample was ~40 hands, so fairly unknown, thanks :)
      Made hands obviously which may include even JJ or something similar, bare ace you will like never see there. :) Has to be spewing for that.

And of course then it's standard fold preflop for just 40 hands.