Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $5,9
      Hero:
      $10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:diamond: , 7:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,40, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0,30.

Flop: ($0,95) Q:club: , J:spade: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,7, Hero calls $0,70.

Turn: ($2,35) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,5, Hero raises to $1,50, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $4,35

In my opinion, we should fold preflop in this hand, because of position. We got so many opponents behind us, we will often get at least one cold call, and it is definitely not the situation we want.

Also, I don't think that on a flop we have enough implied odds. If we hit our straight, it will be a 4-straight board, and it will be hard for us to get extra value.

P.S.: Is it allowed to post in both Russian and English Hand Evaluation boards? Sometimes, I would like to have more than one point of view for a hand. I didn't find anything on this in forum rules.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello krubi,

I would actually just Call the turn since it's already for him pretty hard to Call with mid-pairs or such hands. We have pretty much the nuts anyways and he might even continue betting and feel committed on the river.

P.S.: Is it allowed to post in both Russian and English Hand Evaluation boards? Sometimes, I would like to have more than one point of view for a hand. I didn't find anything on this in forum rules.

Yeah, that's totally allowed, you can always post for both opinions. :) Sometimes that might even help out your play.

Best Regards.