Ridiculous high rake?

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi guys

When I take a sample on party poker of 650 hands NL2 I payed $0.3 rake. But for 620 hands on 888 I payed $1.3 rake.

Rake can differ from client to client. But this much? I make huge profits on 888 but just wondering where the high rake is coming from.

Is the rake on 888 really high or is it because it often ends with an AI? On NL2 i often get ppl AI, I don't really win a lot of small pots I win less pots but just very big pots. My VPIP is much lower so I'm involved in less pots then I used to on party.

Regards
      RasTweet
  • 12 replies
    • CarmenPro
      CarmenPro
      Bronze
      Rake in cash games is usually 5% of the pot up to certian amount. So if you play in 888 bigger pots thats where comes bigger rake!
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Its weighted contributed rake so it all depends how many hands u were involved in, and 650 is no sample size to judge that.

If u played 650 hands and didnt get any hands u rake 0 or close to 0 but on 888 u might got into some big pots.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      PartyPoker generally offer the lowest rake for the micro limits.

Overall the rake at the micros is incredibly high in comparison to other stakes
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CallumN
      PartyPoker generally offer the lowest rake for the micro limits.

Overall the rake at the micros is incredibly high in comparison to other stakes
      Afaik, Stars offers the lowest rake for micro limits.

Also, 888 doesn't have weighted contributed but average contributed if I remember correctly which means you get equal share of rake if you have contributed to the pot by the smallest amount.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Thanks everyone

So here is an other question. Lets say I have a 300BB stack left on the river and the villain has a 50BB stack left on the river. When I push it's better to just bet 50BB and not push my whole 300BB stack. This because all my 300BB will go into the pot and then the rake will be higher. Is this correct or not?

Regards
      Rastweet
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Thanks everyone

So here is an other question. Lets say I have a 300BB stack left on the river and the villain has a 50BB stack left on the river. When I push it's better to just bet 50BB and not push my whole 300BB stack. This because all my 300BB will go into the pot and then the rake will be higher. Is this correct or not?

Regards
      Rastweet
      ITs doesnt matter the effictive stacks count. The money you have extra does not go into the pot. There is a small difference between rake but on 600 hand sample you might just played more big hands on one side compared to the other.

There's a link to rake analisis for different sides on PTR

http://www.pokertableratings.com/poker-rake-analysis
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Thanks everyone

Regards
      Rastweet
      ITs doesnt matter the effictive stacks count. The money you have extra does not go into the pot. There is a small difference between rake but on 600 hand sample you might just played more big hands on one side compared to the other.

Hmm I think that when you go AI on 888 your whole stack goes to the pot. And after the hand is finished you will get your extra part back. And if they calculate the rake at the end if each hand you stack will be in the pot which makes the total rake higher?
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Thanks everyone

Regards
      Rastweet

Hmm I think that when you go AI on 888 your whole stack goes to the pot. And after the hand is finished you will get your extra part back. And if they calculate the rake at the end if each hand you stack will be in the pot which makes the total rake higher?
      Nop according to HEM you are right. When 2 players with a 100BB stack go AI you pay $0.25 rake. When 2 players 1 with a 350BB stack and 1 with a 200BB stack go AI you still pay $0.25.

Thanks for helping me out guys!
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Thanks for helping out there MatejM47 :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Thanks for helping out there MatejM47 :)
      +1, big thanks :)
    • MikeAK47
      MikeAK47
      Bronze
      Pokerstars rake
      code:
      Stakes up to and including $0.10/$0.25
      Number of Players 	Rake per Pot 	Max Rake
      2 	$0.01 for each $0.20 in the pot 	$0.50
      3-4 	$0.01 for each $0.20 in the pot 	$1.00
      5-10 	$0.01 for each $0.20 in the pot 	$2.00

Pacific/888 Rake
      code:
      Pot Limit and No Limit

Table Limit:1¢/2¢
      No. of Players 	Rake per Pot 	MAX
      2 	1¢ for each 16¢ in Pot 	$1
      3+ 	1¢ for each 16¢ in Pot 	$4

Stars is the better deal at 5%.

Pacific rake 6.25%

Incidentally...

You'll virtually never reach more than $2 rake at 2NL, only in extremely rare cases where the pot is more than 2000 big blinds would that happen lol, that's a $40 pot!
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MikeAK47
      You'll virtually never reach more than $2 rake at 2NL, only in extremely rare cases where the pot is more than 2000 big blinds would that happen lol, that's a $40 pot!
      My goal!! =D
      Thanks for helping me out!