3.50$ 45 man sngs on PS

• huberts2
      huberts2
      Bronze
      I have played 650 games and right now im on 90BI downswing over my last 200 games and i just dont know what to do anymore ?(

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I dont know if this is just variance or i have some major leaks in my game or both.
      Would be realy great if i could chat with someone trough skype who plays 45 man sngs and ask some questions.
  • 12 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Your ROI doesn't say much of anything. You can have a low ROI by playing too tightly or by playing too loosely, by value-betting too often or too infrequently, by being too aggressive or too passive. You need to look at how you are playing hands to see what leaks you have.

If you aren't sure how well you are playing, you might want to play fewer tables at once. This will cut down on careless errors and will help you to focus on how well you are playing.
    • huberts2
      huberts2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pzhon
      If you aren't sure how well you are playing, you might want to play fewer tables at once. This will cut down on careless errors and will help you to focus on how well you are playing.
      I started about three weeks ago by 2 tabling and slowly added more tables and i think that 12 tables is the best for me becouse if i get sucked out on 2-3 tables at the same time then i dont realy care about that much and just add a new table and continue playing my A game but when i was playing about 4-6 tables then it was harder actually becouse somethimes i couldnt push or let go of some hands. I also have table ninja so i could easly see how many BB i have and custom title bar to change title bar color of final tables and adjust my game.

I train with sit n go wizard and icm trainner light every day and before each session i do a quiz about 200 questions and get around 90-97% correct so i assume i play somewhat correctly.
      But this downswing just feels unreal i deffinelty wasnt ready for something like this, so thats why im questioning my game ;( Ive heard about 100BI downswings in 180man sngs but i didnt think its possible to get one in 45man.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      It sounds like you are greatly underestimating the complexity of the game. I think it is a big mistake to play so many tables without establishing a track record of winning play first. Maybe you hide the bad beats from yourself, so that you don't tilt, but you are learning much less about the game. Perhaps you continue playing your A-game, but is your A-game a winning strategy at all? It's not enough to play better than your opponents. You need to outplay them by enough to make back the rake. When you play 12 tables (in your first month!), I doubt you notice how your opponents play, and thus you are not spending enough time learning how to exploit them.

The quiz mode on SNG Wizard is based on its highly flawed opponent models, and this feedback is misleading and may be damaging your game. SNG Wizard's default ranges are far off from how most of your opponents are playing in many situations, so you are teaching yourself to make the wrong plays.

This is what a downswing looks like:

You will have losing streaks of any size if you are playing break-even or losing poker. You need to look at actual decisions, not just your results, to make sure you are playing winning poker.
    • huberts2
      huberts2
      Bronze
      Its not exactly my first month of playing poker, ive been playing for over a year now, but i just started to play sit n go`s. If i record a session of about 12 games and put a video over here could you please review it? Becouse you said you doubt that i notice how my opponents play and dont exploit them enough and maybe you`re right, but it would really help me alot if you see how i play. I just wanna be sure if my game really sucks that much, before i start from scratch.

EDIT
      never mind i think i found whats wrong with my game.
    • TurnitAce
      TurnitAce
      Bronze
      hey pzhon, how long did it took for you to plsy 20k games? are they MTT SNG or 9max/6max?
    • tomovermeers
      tomovermeers
      Basic
      in 45s imo (but now i'm playing only on ps.fr) you have to shove more and think less!

tomovermeers on ps.com if you want to check my old records! I played a couple in my days lol ...
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by huberts2
      Its not exactly my first month of playing poker, ive been playing for over a year now, but i just started to play sit n go`s. If i record a session of about 12 games and put a video over here could you please review it? Becouse you said you doubt that i notice how my opponents play and dont exploit them enough and maybe you`re right, but it would really help me alot if you see how i play. I just wanna be sure if my game really sucks that much, before i start from scratch.

EDIT
      never mind i think i found whats wrong with my game.
      and what is wrong with your game ?

I also play 45mans and am also on a downswing right now...
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Youre not alone buddy
      On the same 3.50 45 man i am on a downswing of 60 buyins

So taking a break for now
      Think stars hates me :P
    • huberts2
      huberts2
      Bronze
      i tought maybe pzhon is right and 12 tables where a bit too much so i tryed 4 tabling again but nothing changed. I dropped down to 1,50$ and still kept going down. At the end i finished with 120 or 130BI downswing and i decided to take a break :D
      I just dont know if im coming back :(
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Since the thread was recently moved from the SNG section in this forum I would like to push it up again and deliver some tips.

First of all: A 50 or even 100 BI downswing at MTSNG's is not uncommon and entirely possible. At the same time you should always question yourself and constantly try to improve your game.

In a situation where you are not able to find leaks in your game while losing money over and over it might be a good idea to get help from others. Join Skypegroups where you can have U2U coachings, visit our weekly coachings at pokerstrategy and try to learn from the coaches, look at the videos and watch out for differences in gameplay and think about the reasons why you play the spot another way. Post hands in the hand evaluation forums to get even further feedback in difficult spots.

Doing this will not only help you to play profitable again, but it will make you a much better player overall.

Regards,
      Asaban

PS: I hope my english is not too bad :s_cool:
    • ipeaceonu
      ipeaceonu
      Bronze
      Hey Hub, I grind the 45's too I have had a $1k downswing in the past just playing the 3.50's and 7's. It almost made me give up poker as it just never seemed to end. Anyway, as long as your reviewing your game and getting good input I am sure you will turn it around. GL
    • dangermowse
      dangermowse
      Silver
      You will have tons of leaks, trust. Post hands, learn.