Ribbo's coachings

• Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Can we have this thread, where Ribbo gives some hints about what he is going to do in his coachings?

As he does a lot of different things, it would be nice to know beforehand what is coming. As sometimes he plays PLO8, and it's not the nicest thing to make my schedule so I can see Ribbo's coaching, and he plays PLO8. Nothing wrong in that, but it's just not my thing. Or if some PLO8 players is looking forward to see the coaching, and there is just hand histories about normal PLO.

edit: I was living in yesterday... :D
  • 103 replies
    • seasonsofchange
      seasonsofchange
      Bronze
      That would be nice. =)
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      yah this is the exact reason I don't watch them
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Every time I do a coaching I ask for feedback on the forums and what people would like to have. Every time nobody says anything. You reap what you sow.

After all I am in my 17th month of doing live coachings and it's taken this long for some actual feedback to arrive.

I am not a mindreader. If nobody says anything, which has pretty much been the case each time, then I will pick something myself and it most likely will be something different each time so that I don't get bored myself of the sessions. I would rather be talking about something new each time.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      +1 that members don't give feedback, or wishlist for coachings. Me included. :)

On next coaching, can you play 6max plo hi, and focus on talking about different types of villains (reads, stats) and how to play against them/exploit them?
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Starting 1st February, people can reserve what they want to see (as has always been the case for the past 16 months).

After each session is over, the first person to say what they want on the forums next time gets it. This wont be a democracy, it will be first come first served.

However there will be a few rules, I am not doing the same thing 2 sessions in a row, and if you pick the topic, you can't ask again for the next 3 sessions.

Kyyberi gets Feb 1st and after that, well it's whoever is the quickest after the session on that day (which gives me enough time to prepare for it).
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      nice, lets use this as the official thread them I guess. makes sense.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ribbo
      Starting 1st February, people can reserve what they want to see (as has always been the case for the past 16 months).

After each session is over, the first person to say what they want on the forums next time gets it. This wont be a democracy, it will be first come first served.

However there will be a few rules, I am not doing the same thing 2 sessions in a row, and if you pick the topic, you can't ask again for the next 3 sessions.

Kyyberi gets Feb 1st and after that, well it's whoever is the quickest after the session on that day (which gives me enough time to prepare for it).
      You ever done a public private coaching? Not like this live-sweat robot style things what I personally hate but more of a discussion about certain hands while playing 2-3 tables

I can volunteer
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      I often tell people if they have a microphone, I can give them permission to talk in the session, but nobody ever takes me up on it. :f_cool:
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      If you do a public private thingy, I might suggest that you use prerecorded video. Easy to stop when discussion comes up.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kyyberi
      If you do a public private thingy, I might suggest that you use prerecorded video. Easy to stop when discussion comes up.
      I prefer doing that than a live sweat yea much more discussion with the members, the talking student & Ribbo
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      I prefer doing that than a live sweat yea much more discussion with the members, the talking student & Ribbo
      +1 sounds great!
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      #¤#%&#&#¤¤"&!!!!!

I am working on next wednesday, so I can't watch the coaching. Can my suggestion be moved to 15th day?
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      gg :f_biggrin:
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      #¤#%&#&#¤¤"&!!!!!

I am working
      :facepalm: :facepalm:
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      #¤#%&#&#¤¤"&!!!!!

I am working on next wednesday, so I can't watch the coaching. Can my suggestion be moved to 15th day?
      :( would it then be possible to do the video thingy?
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by TwiceT
      #¤#%&#&#¤¤"&!!!!!

I am working
      At least I get to put my oiled hands to girl's butt in my work. Beats poker anytime ;)
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Only a few days left for you to decide between you what you want...
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I probably have a video ready before wednesday but anyone else can also volunteer
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Originally posted by TwiceT
      #¤#%&#&#¤¤"&!!!!!

I am working
      At least I get to put my oiled hands to girl's butt in my work. Beats poker anytime ;)
      gg :)