Need help to trim lcd TV used as screen for max viewablility pls

• ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Thanks to u friends here I could buy a 40'' LCD TV to use as a pc monitor, but havent figured out how to make text more readable. It's OK as it is but I think there may be ways to configure my Vista to make it easier for reading text and playing poker.

-I have configered the screen alright I think with sharpness, brightness, contrast etc.

-I use "clear type".

-I also tried to increase the pixel count, but then the icons and such got too small even though I have my max 1920x 1080 resolution.

-The frequency is set to highest (60 Hz) for my TV.

-I use HDMI

All help or comments are welcome!
  • 5 replies
    • Bunn3yB0y
      Bunn3yB0y
      Bronze
      Sit Closer. Wear Glasses. Use the magnifier in Windows
    • MoneyDearest
      MoneyDearest
      Bronze
      Or.... you could increase the font size :D !

First, right click on your desktop and click on Personalize. Alternatively, you can go to Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Personalization.

In the Personalization window, go to the left pane and click on Adjust font size (DPI).

This should help, though I've noticed that some of the poker windows don't look as crisp as they should, but for many applications it works fine.

Btw, higher pixel count will always mean smaller text/icons, not the other way around. The higher resolution gives your more desktop space, and things look sharper.

Also, many non-geeks don't realise that google can help you find the solution 9 times out of 10! I found the answer to this after searching "increase font size vista" and clicking the first results :D ! (I couldn't remember the exact instructions, and I run Win7)

Best of luck,
      Money.
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Thanks for answering!

Thanks to bunny too, I said all ideas are welcome;)

When I said i increased pixel i meant the dpi. I have played around with my tv settings again and got a good close to great setting. But if I have the SHC up, its worse. I seldom use really, I use it like a (something children have in their mount when 1 years old), forgot the word.

-I definitly wanna say Im cloose to geek lol. I have build and fixed some computers and my Doro (my computers' name) is probably the most wonderful you have seen. Not working now, need to fix her.

Was looking for a quick fix

Thanks for answering all and Good life!

PS If Mark and the other coders read this I want u to know that Im still grateful:) .
    • MoneyDearest
      MoneyDearest
      Bronze
      Sorry for pointing out the obvious to a fellow geek, just checking ;-)!

Though I couldn't help chuckling at "I'm a geek, I build broken computers!" :D

Joking of course! :s_love:
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      :D
      Yeah, that didn't came out right lol