[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Sh Jj

• staktas
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:heart: , J:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 calls $0.08, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) 8:heart: , 8:spade: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, MP3 calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.47) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.38, MP3 calls $0.38.

River: ($1.23) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.54, MP3 raises to $0.96 (All-In), Hero calls $0.42.

Final Pot: $3.15

Not sure how to act on the river. Should i just push, because he doesn't even have amount in the pot? Or should I bet fold?
  • 2 replies
    • Alan883
      Hi staktas,

Well river is a bit though spot...i just think i would play check/call River.

You played aggressively Flop and Turn with a thought of protection. I don't see many Qx hands are still in the hand maybe Qx.

With your bet you can get called with TT 99 but i doubt we are playing vs such a hand in that spot.

So if you bet i don't see here many worse hands that could call you also because non of draws completed and maybe villain was on flush draw or maybe straight draw.

I would play check/call river and try to catch a bluff or take the money with check behind. I guess this line is the most profitable.

But lets wait on our pro judge if he thinks the same:) )
    • veriz
      Hello staktas,

The river is already the question if we should Bet at all? Do you think you will get called from worse? Even if you do then you should just ship yourself rather than Bet 1/2. Another possibility would be to Check/Call and let him bluff with missed draws.

Best Regards.