[NL20-NL50] CB second pair in 3bet pot?

• BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      On Game No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - On Game Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($19.95)
      UTG ($26.79)
      MP ($4.62)
      CO ($11.63)
      Button ($22.28)
      SB ($14.74)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
      2 folds, CO calls $0.20, Button bets $0.80, SB calls $0.70, Hero raises $3.30, 2 folds, SB calls $2.70

Flop: ($8) A, 10, 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Unknown opponent

Should I CB here, or just check for pot control, with the risk of somehow turning my hand face up?
      If he checks the turn should I bet any card?
  • 3 replies
    • mrauter
      mrauter
      Bronze
      With no reads I am usually just checking here.

if he is not a fish his range is probably AQ-AK, TT+ and he will be happy to check down w/ worse and will call w/ any A. The only better hand you will make him fold is KK which I don't think he has given the cold call pre. And if he is a fish (which I think he since regs don't cold call big 3bet OOP often and his stack size) he can have lots of Ax on his range and I think any PP he will play passively.

If villain bets 2/3+ on turn you will have to fold with no reads.
    • mrauter
      mrauter
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDr
      Should I CB here, or just check for pot control, with the risk of somehow turning my hand face up?
      If he checks the turn should I bet any card?
      No. and No, why would you bet turn?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You might easily have the best hand and you should protect against draws, so I would prefer betting flop. Problem with checking is that would turn your hand face up, so he may easily try to bluff you out and can know exactly when valuebets against your range.

If you 3-bet bluff smt like 56s I think you should also c-bet once, since your 3-betting range is AK. Aso you give lower pp-s free cards that can be very costly on the turn and river

best regards,